chapter five

━━━ ˚‧₊ january 2020₊‧˚━━━

After their late night conversation, Narae and Yoongi had become noticeably closer. They were always together. If you were looking for Narae, you just needed to find Yoongi and sure enough, she'd be there.

Narae had a habit of befriending introverts. Once she found someone that she liked, she attached herself to them and never let go. She was attracted to people with quieter personalities and unintentionally sought them out wherever she went. It explained why she was so close to Asa and why JJ was one of her best friends. Her collection of introverts had now extended to include Yoongi.

They had had another conversation, once again in the middle of the night, where Narae had revealed that she had also lived in Daegu when she was younger, and they had found out that their birthdays were only two days apart. Seeing this as a sign, paying no mind to their five-year age-gap, Narae had made it her personal mission to spend as much time with him as he allowed, still mindful of his personal boundaries.

Oddly enough, and to the other members' surprise, Yoongi didn't seem to be bothered by it. He had grown to tolerate and perhaps even like her presence. She would usually be curled up on the couch in the corner of his studio, reading a book whilst he worked on songs. He valued her input as an artist as well, often asking for her opinion and recruiting her every so often to lay down some vocals.

Yoongi liked the fact that she wasn't intimidated by his initially standoffish and grumpy nature, whilst Narae just thought he was the sweetest person to exist. One day, Narae had offhandedly mentioned how much she loved the white cookie Pepero sticks, and ever since then, he'd quietly started keeping a pack of them stocked in his studio for her to snack on whenever she was there. No matter how bluntly he spoke to her, she could tell that he was a sweetheart. 

Currently, they had departed from their usual hangout spot of Yoongi's Genius Lab, and instead, were in one of the main studios with Namjoon, working on Narae and Namjoon's song. The song played through the room, bass booming through the speakers.

Narae was already in love with the instrumentals. The beat was insane and she could already see it becoming a hit in the club. If not for the fact that she was in the room with a bunch of men and cameras trained on her, she would be dancing. Rather than that, she settled for nodding her head along to the music. As it finished, they each offered their opinions.

"Yeah I'm obsessed with this song!" Narae turned to Namjoon, who had a serious look on his face, his jaw flexing, "What do you think, do you like it?"

Namjoon relaxed his face and nodded, "Yeah I do. It's a different style than what I'm used to, but I do want to expand more outside the types of raps I usually do. I think this one can work."

Narae was overjoyed, her mind already racing a mile a minute as ideas for lyrics rushed through her head. Sometimes they were given the instrumental first and had to match lyrics to it, and other times the lyrics were developed before adding an instrumental. In this case, it was the former, which meant they had a bit more work to do.

Feeling encouraged by his positive response, Narae made a further suggestion, "I think for this song we can be more risqué. The beat isn't the type you listen to on the radio with your family, this is for nights out, getting ready to go the club, those sort of events."

She almost added that it would certainly be a strip club anthem, but decided against saying so, as she didn't want to scare him just yet.

Narae continued, carefully wording her next sentences as Namjoon listened attentively, "When we're writing the lyrics for this, it should reflect that vibe. No need to mince words or worry about our audience. Think about what matches the song and what we're trying to promote with this album and go from there. We can always edit the lyrics after if need be if they're too explicit, but it would be good to have a starting point."