0.7

No Perspective

There was fire, and there was rain. The blackened clouds painted the sky as the roaring grew louder. Unaware of where she was, the blistering pain that radiated through her back is what awoke her.

Her hair, now rugged and tangled hung around her face, smacking her back as it pulled against the wind.

It felt like falling in slow motion, the clouds moved through her fingertips as she plummeted from the darkening sky. Her eyes could barely open, but she felt the searing pain on her spine.

Her fists tightened in the air, reaching out for something to hold onto. But when she finally opened her eyes, she was horrified at the sight. Thunder loomed above her and she watched as charred feathers escaped from her back, burning off her body as if it were made of nothing.

She opened her mouth to scream, but her voice was broken in her throat. She found herself holding her throat, scratching at the skin while trying to scream out for someone to help her. The rain pounded against her skin, and she whimpered loudly at the harsh pain she felt on her body.

She turned her body around in the air, trying to find some sort of way to keep her from falling, but there was nothing. She felt hopeless as she fell from the clouds, the roaring sound of thunder crashed beside her.

The clothes on her body began to wither away at her quickening speeds, she found herself thrashing in the air, desperately trying to slow herself down. The pain in her back soon became too much to handle, she moved her hands to her back and began to scratch at the skin, blood soaked her fingers and she cried out for it to stop.

Soon the clouds were above her, and not around her. She found herself in a dark abyss of the storm, a bare sky. The wither feathers that escaped her body ceased, and the burning sensation had stopped abruptly. The girl looked around her, and noticed the Black Sea below.

Again, she opened her mouth to scream, but nothing could escape. She flailed her arms in the sky, begging for mercy before she would eventually hit the cold bitter sea. With a crash, she came barreling down like a windy vortex, and she disappeared into the sea. With no strength left to swim to the top, the water filled her lungs, only then could she like she could scream, but no one could hear here. And no one could save her.

She had fallen.

Ambrosia Riddell

What is this feeling? I feel so hot.

My body had felt so stiff, like I'd been laying here for hours. I had this queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I moved up in the bedsheets. My mind replayed the nightmare in my head, the thundering clouds and the pounding rain felt all too real.

The blistering heat along my spine felt real too, like someone took a hot knife and began to sear my skin. My hands roamed the bedsheets, gripping onto the fitted sheet as I opened my eyes.

I woke up in my own room, but it had felt different. There was a reddish light emitting from the windows, and it casted a faint glow over my room. Everything just looked dark, even my bedside clock was turned off.

I didn't know why, but I found myself climbing out of the sheets. And taking a step on the ground. To my surprise, it wasn't cold. It was unusually warm.

I took one step forward, and felt the immediate warmth sink through my bones. It was almost comfortable, so relaxing and ambient. I wondered to myself, what kind of place was this?

Sure it was my room, but this wasn't my room. So to speak. Everything around it just had a dark.. aura. It reminded me of my previous dream, where the mystery man said I was in a "parallel" of my own world.