0.3

His perspective

Staring out this window had gotten unamusing, nothing here was different much like on the surface. You could smell the sin in the air, the screams of souls were heard if only you were quiet enough. Hell wasn't like how many foolish words written in the Bible. Much rather, it was a kingdom of glass and concrete. Buildings reached the top of the reddened sky, and the deepening catacombs that tunnelled under the ground.

Standing here watching the souls go by wasn't fun for me, a drink I've had a thousand times before, this empty glass of whiskey tasted nothing but stale to me now. I needed excitement, I needed a thrill. But because of my rule, and a few very opinionated winged fuckheads, I'm forbidden to walk the earth. Most humans anyway would cower in my presence, I radiate sin, their darkest thoughts and desires would flow free around me. I'm their weakness, it's amusing to watch them crumble, sometimes almost arousing.

"S-Sir?" I turned to the doorway of my study, where a smaller petite looking male held up some singed papers in his arms.

"What have I told you about coming down here Malachi?" He cowered into himself, letting out a disappointed sigh.

"Yes sir, I understand the rules you've explained to me. But I have a message for you from above." I rolled my eyes at his incompetence, I took a final sip from my glass. Before setting it down on the window sill.

"I promised I was a good boy, what could they possibly want from me now?" I gave a sadistic grin before beginning to walk toward him.

"U-Uh.. r-right yes b-but it's not from them sir. It's f-from a rogue." His body quivered as I stopped in my tracks. A rogue? Not many come returning to me after they escape hell, an eternal promise of punishment and damnation awaits them if they ever step foot in my domain again. One sending a message to me specifically sounds rather interesting.

"Go on then, what's this important message from this rogue?" I bring my necklace around my neck, and fiddle with it between my fingers. I heard the deep breaths Malachi took, preparing himself for what could possibly happen.

"T-They said they wanted to t-trade a life for a l-life. L-Let them go free, and y-you get the soul they offer to keep." He looked down at the papers in front of him, I let out a deep chuckle which startled the poor thing.

"A life for a life? And what could I possibly want with this soul? It's not like there's plenty roaming around down here." I gestured to the window, walking back towards it slowly. I grabbed the bottle of hard alcohol, and poured myself another glass.

"T-They said you'd like this one. T-Trouble sleeping at n-night they said, a brand new toy to have f-fun with. The best part, the soul is pure. A v-virgin." I raised an amused brow, the rogue was making an effort. I'll give them credit, they knew exactly how to get me going.

"What is their name Malachi?" I turned back to him, lifting the glass to my lips.

"Her n-name is Ambrosia Riddell, around 20 years old." I closed my eyes at the name, Ambrosia. It was a nickname for the Gods, a sweet nectar they drank that gave them their immortality. Ambrosia was a virgin soul, a pure one. Surely we didn't have much of those around here, and I have been craving for some fun.

"Alright, I'll compromise. I have the girl, they get their freedom." Malachi wrote some notes down on his papers and cleared his throat nervously.

"They gave her one of those pills as well, she should be in between as we speak sir." Ah, the demon knew me well. A human soul who consumes one of my medicines, their soul is floating between the surfaces of my realm and real life.

"Then I think it's time I meet this Ambrosia.." I set my glass down on the window sill and made my way over to my door, Malachi shuffled to the side where he stared at the floor as I came by. I stopped inside the door frame and turned to face him.