It was being completely alone with Tae, the inexorable potency that made her lose her senses, and the tumult of toxic desire whenever he touched her. No matter how much she fought to extinguish the flames, Yunhee became defenceless in its asphyxiating grasp, unable to do anything but sink into the unsolicited state until it was over.

Luckily, Tae had kept his hands firmly planted on the steering wheel for the majority of their journey.

Altering the course of her cluttered thoughts, Yunhee tried to catch a glimpse of the incognito mobsters who were supposedly a minute behind while wondering how much longer it would take to reach Dream Bean.

Being away from the mansion without their immediate protection made her feel like a vulnerable fawn without its mother. Jimin and Jin may as well have been a lifetime away, but they were holding back for a reason, and if she couldn't locate their car in the tail of traffic, then it was likely that their foe couldn't either.

'Et voila!' Tae announced.

At the best of times, Yunhee was discerningly aware of her surroundings. This was not one of those times.

The car had come to a stop, and they were now parked outside a quaint café with a window graphic exhibiting a cup of cartoon coffee above colourful letters.

Dream Bean.

'We gonna sit here all day?' Tae quipped, twisting to unlatch his seat belt as Yunhee joined the land of the living and pivoted to unbuckle hers.

The contact was fleeting, knuckle brushing knuckle, but the spark ignited an explosion as violent as a volcanic eruption, throwing Yunhee against the car seat as her mind plummeted helplessly into a familiar bed chamber.

Flickering candles, hot puffs of breath dampening her nape as drapes billowed in the midnight breeze.

The last time she was trapped inside the hazy dream, one of two Kims admired her satin red dress while cupping her jaw and feathering her clavicles with delicate kisses.

Now, a ruby necklace weighed heavily against her dewy neck, an exquisite piece shimmering like the moon in the night sky as the culprit stole her moans with a possessive kiss.

'Yunhee...' His thick brogue blended with her groan as he teased her zipper along her arched spine. 'Yunhee?'

'Mmm?' she mewled, lost inside the depraved dream.

'For Christ's sake, Hahm! Snap out of it!'

Yunhee's limbs were as stiff as a post, and only when the hallucination evaporated like a melting ice cube, did she carefully prise her eyes open. Tae was stationary in the driver's seat, his Wayfarers atop his head while his irises gleamed with curiosity beneath a slumped brow.

'Wanna tell me what happened there?'

If only she could. Truth be known, Yunhee had no idea herself. There was no logical explanation as to why she kept magicking up indecent scenarios that hadn't happened with either Taehyung.

Tae was aware of her predicament; she'd spoken of Taehyung's haunting presence during their heart to heart, but this was different. It was much more than a sinister voice coaxing her into darkness, it was an actual encounter. But it couldn't be a flashback, not in her world-

Yunhee bolted upright with an audible gasp.

The billowing drapes, the patio door; it was the master bedroom at the mansion, the room she shared with Jimin. But in another universe, it was a place she had tried to break free from after being imprisoned.