"Right here." Akaashi picked it up from Bokuto's small desk.

Bokuto took the bottle and took his dose before sitting down and trying to relax. "You know there's a thing to shift something- like a little bone- that helps cramps that I can't do for some reason? It could make life better. Life sucks."

Akaashi sat next to him on the bed. "Candy makes life better."

"You're smart."

Akaashi smiled. "Thank you."

"Of course!" Bokuto rolled onto his side. "I gotta leave soon."

"I'll be here."

Bokuto giggled. "I hope you know how cute you are."

Akaashi rolled his eyes. "Everyone says that. It's not flattering."

"Well I think you're cute. No arguing." Bokuto sat up all the way and hugged him tight. "You're sweet."

Akaashi hugged him back. He didn't know what to do.

****

Bokuto looked over at Akaashi, smiling. "You not gonna get out?"

"Hm? Sorry I was just reading something." Akaashi looked out his window and took a deep breath. "Oh."

"You okay?"

"Mhmm. I'll see you in a few hours." Akaashi got out of the car and hurried to the coffee shop.

Bokuto got out of the car right after, waiting for a moment. His sisters pulled into the parking lot and he hurried to them, hugging both. "Kenji! Kiri!"

Both laughed and hugged him back.

"How are we?"

"Everything is really good!"

Kiri piped up. "Have you texted the boy?"

"I have. He's pretty chill!"

"What's his name?"

"Akaashi." Bokuto started towards the coffee shop, holding his eldest sister's hand just like always. "He is pretty quiet though so I don't wanna scare him."

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm!" They entered the shop and Bokuto sat his sisters down at their normal table. Akaashi was making drinks and he seemed fine at the moment.

Bokuto ordered and returned to his table. Had Akaashi ate today? He was sure they might have but he had work this morning. He knew he had taken his medicine though.

Akaashi glanced over at him while making drinks.

Not okay, he was not okay. Bokuto hurried to the cashier. "Hey, hey, hey can you check on Akaashi? He doesn't look too good and I want to make sure he's eaten today."

"Do you know him?"

"We live in the same apartment."

"Oh. Yeah I can check on him."

"If he hasn't eaten get him to eat immediately." Bokuto went to his table and Akaashi left his station. He returned after Bokuto got his drink but went to a table.

Kiri stared. "Ko, go check on him. Something's off."

Bokuto glanced back. Akaashi wasn't eating. Kenji looked back. "I can check if you want?"

"I've got it Kenji, hang on." Bokuto walked to the table and wondered for a moment if he had really forgotten to make sure Akaashi had eaten? They spent so much time together at night and in the mornings. He should have known. "Hey hey hey Akaashi are you feeling okay?"

"Not really." Akaashi looked up.

"You haven't ate, have you?"

"No I haven't but I also took my medicine which is bad. If I don't eat I'm going to feel a lot worse but I can't eat since I'm nauseous."

"Do you want me to order something for you?"

"No, the food here is too sugary for me. I'll just doordash it or something."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi pulled out his phone and ordered something.

"So everything will be okay?"

"Of course everything will be okay." Akaashi smiled at him. "I can handle myself most days Ko."

"What happened to a relationship outside of your work?"

"Whatever. If you wanted to kill me you would've done it by now. But you're too kind. So no harm."

Bokuto laughed. Whatever man. Just make sure you eat whatever you ordered." Bokuto got up and went back to his table. His stomach suddenly churned and he took a deep breath. Not now. Now was such a bad time for cramps oh God why now?