Chapter 29: What If

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(LOUIS' POV)

I stepped in the shower, hoping it would help me clear my thoughts. About a million things were running through my head right now, and I couldn't seem to stop thinking about them.

Why won't she forgive me, I didn't do anything wrong?

Did I do something wrong? Is that why everyone hates me?

Why can't Eleanor just tell the media?

Am I hurting her?

Oh God. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt Bo. She's everything to me and seeing her hurt would be like watching a massacre. Now that I was even more stressed, I figured going out and partying with the boys might help, so I was a little more excited to go out. I turned the shower off and put a towel on before I went back out into the bedroom. Once in the room, I walked over to one of the wardrobes where I was keeping a few items of clothing. I searched through it until I found a nice button down shirt and a plain pair of blue jeans. Simple enough for dinner. I ran back into the bathroom with my clothes and put them on quickly before fixing my hair, which we all know takes forever without the help of a stylist.

I was finally finished when I turned the knob of the bathroom door and began to head back into the bedroom. But I stopped and listened when I heard Harry on the phone.

"What? Mum, Mum, calm down. Speak clearly, I can't quite understand what you're saying." he said into the speaker.

What had Anne so upset? I stood there and waited for Harry's response, but when nothing came, I turned my head and saw him sitting on the bed, looking fairly normal. The only thing that was different was that his face was pale white. What had his mother said?

"What? You-you can't be serious. That didn't happen Mum." he shook his head.

"No, but-but how? I mean, why?" he asked, running a hand through his curly hair. He was clearing confused.

"Are you flying out there?" he asked her, a little less confusion in his voice.

Wait, flying where? Who would she fly out to? Did something happen to Ashley's dad? Or what about Ashley?

I couldn't stand to think about something so horrible happening to Ashley that she needed her mom to fly out. I prayed and prayed that it wasn't her, but I had a strange feeling in my gut that it was. Harry stood up from the bed and turned around. He looked at me, but quickly looked away, focusing his attention back to whatever his mother was saying.

"Okay, so the flight leaves at twelve thirty tonight at Heathrow? I can meet you there."

So now Harry was going with her? What was happening?

"Alright, I'll see you then. Bye Mum, I love you." Harry said as his mother ended the call.

He let out a big sigh and stretched out over his bed, looking straight up at the ceiling. He didn't say a word to me, which had me very confused. Harry always told me if something was troubling him. And it was even more important now that he told me, given the context that whatever it is might have to do with Ashley. I walked over to him and sat at the edge of his bed, looking toward the window that showed the lit up city skyline. I always loved London, it was such a nice city.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I stuttered out, afraid of the answer I would receive.

"Nothing, just some family business. Nothing for you to worry about." he got up and walked over to the wardrobe across from mine. Quickly, he pulled his clothing from the hangers and threw them in his suitcases. I walked over to him and shut the door to the wardrobe so he couldn't ignore me anymore.