Chapter 26: School Year's End

Start from the beginning

Izuku woke up extremely nervous, last time he'd presented something he'd gotten laughed at for its simplicity. Now though he hoped would be better, all he had to do was rely on himself not to throw up from nerves and get through the first half of the day.

Izuku decided to get to school early, giving himself time to make sure everything was fine and then going over his speech one more time. Before he knew it, his class was starting. So, he put his things away and got ready to pay attention in class. He had already finished his finals, they had spent the earlier part of the week on it and so there wasn't much to do in class. The teachers didn't care what people did anyway, so it was a free day. Izuku spent the time listening to music quietly since he had nothing else to do.

Even though it was only a free day, the class felt excruciatingly long, since there was nothing to work on in class everyone just waited, something that makes the class go by extremely slowly.

When lunch ended Izuku started to feel nervous, it was just a countdown until he had to share his project. Izuku watched carefully as the first few pairs presented their projects with confidence making Izuku even more self-conscious, what if he messed up and something went terribly wrong and he made a fool of himself. He took a deep breath telling himself to calm down. 'You only have to see them one more time, then you'll be in UA,' he reassured himself.

Project after project went by, the nervous feeling in his stomach got worse as he continued to wait for his turn. Finally, he was called up to do his presentation. He got up from his seat and walked over to the middle of the room, where everyone had presented their projects.

He took one final step before stopping in the middle. He had decided to wear his project on so he wouldn't have to change them when he got to the front. He looked up to see Ms. Tanaka smiling at him, giving him the little confidence he needed to continue. Taking one final breath, Izuku finally spoke.

"Since the beginning of the school year, I had been thinking of something to do for this project, something that would be amazing and functional as an actual support item. The biggest problem I found is that a lot of heroes have quirks that are amazing in the combat part of the field. However, many of them lack the mobility needed most of the time. So, I've come up with one of many other solutions that have already been created," Izuku started. Once he started talking, the rest started to come easier.

Squatting down he remove his shoes and showed them off. "This is what I came up with," he started showing what looked like his normal pair of shoes. A few snickers were audible at the normal-looking shoes being shown off. Then, he put them on again and continued.

"They may look like a normal pair of shoes but they serve a second purpose." Izuku then jumped, pushing the button he had created at the same time. "Very quickly everything went into play, allowing Izuku to hover in the air." Those snickering were now looking in awe, so far the projects presented had been fairly simple, they had been using techniques learned throughout the class. This, however, exceeded the expectations of everyone, Ms. Tanaka smiled proud of her favorite student.

"By allowing those with less mobility to move around in the air allows for faster back-up and more possible heroes on the scene," Izuku added some additional talk about the design process before shutting off the contraption and returning to his seat. Izuku smiled, with his presentation over, his nerves were cooled and he was proud of himself, nothing had gone wrong and now he could focus on the others' presentations.

Time flew by and before Izuku knew it, there were only a few minutes left in class. With only a few minutes left, everyone started to pack up. Ms. Tanaka looked at the clock, "Since tomorrow is the final day of the school year, we're not going to be doing anything. Just use tomorrow as a start off to break, I'll just show a movie or two," she said making everyone cheer, none of them wanted to do work on the last day of school. (I actually had a teacher last year that gave us work on the last day of school, if we didn't finish it, it was homework -_-)