Chapter thirty-six - Talking with parents

Hunter's POV:

I am still in the hospital. The doctor didn't say when I can go home. To be honest I don't even want to. Here people take more care of me than at home. But it's boring to stay all day in bed. At least Lexi is here to entertain me. Now she is laying in bed with me cuddling from the last hour. Not like I mind. I love to have her around. And I know that even if I tell her to go home, she won't do it. Not until I get home too.

- Didn't you get tired of so much laying? - I chuckled

- Nope. Have I told you how good a pillow you are? This is my favorite place to sleep.

- I'm glad to hear it. And will be more if I get out of here. But who knows when this will be.

- Don't worry. Soon you will be at home. And I will be next to you.

- You know that I'm not dying. Now you need to rest since you have been here with me all these days.

- I'm fine, you no need to worry. All I want is to be with you, but if you don't want that, I won't bother you.

- No, I didn't want to say that. You took enough care of me. I think that it's time for me to do it.

- You need to recover completely. Everything else doesn't matter now.

We talked like that for a while. I know that it has been only a couple of days, but to me, it seems like years. Maybe because Lexi and I talk every day and now, basically me, haven't heard her. There are boys who look only at what's outside in a girl. I know that mine is hot, but I'm sure that if they spend a couple of days with her, they'll understand that she's not what she looks like. Lexi can look like an angel, but trust me inside of her there is a demon.

Her parents went back to town yesterday and said that they'll come today to visit me. I'm still scared that this is not real and that they don't like me. No matter that they act the opposite way.

- How are you today Hunter? Do you feel better? - Lexi's mom asked me

- Yes, I am better. It still hurts at some places, but it's better than yesterday for sure.

- I am glad to hear it. We bought some food if you want. Lexi, will you eat? Now he is ok and you no need to worry anymore. You have to eat, you know?

What's that supposed to mean? Did Lexi stop to eat, because of me? It can't be true, can it? I don't want her to suffer just because I don't know what I am doing.

- Lexi, did you stop eating? But answer me honestly. - I said looking at her

- No, I just... I didn't feel the need to eat. I wasn't feeling hungry and decided to eat when I want to. I am fine, so you don't need to worry about me, ok?

- This time, I'll trust you. But that doesn't mean that it'll be every time. Lexi, you need to eat. Let's make a deal. If I eat, will you eat with me? Even a little bit.

- Fine, but only this time. I'm not hungry, but I'll do it for you.

We ate peacefully our food. No one has said a word. The only sounds in the room were from our eating. I don't want to accuse her parents, but I want to know if all of this is real. Do they really like me or it's part of some game. Because if it's that I don't want to play it.

- Can I ask you something? Before you think it, I don't want to accuse you or something like that. Just want to know is it true or not. - I said looking at her parents

- Sure, ask us whatever you want. We'll listen to you. - Lexi's mom said

- Why are you so nice to me? I am sure that if it wasn't the accident and you had to find out, you wouldn't be so nice. If it's only because of my state, you no need to do it.