Chapter eleven - I need help from my friends

Hunter's POV:

After one month is my third anniversary with Lexi. I know there is enough time, but I want it to be perfect. I don't have a single idea what to do. Should I take her somewhere or maybe just stay at home? I want to make something special, but not too fancy and romantic, because she will kill me. Lexi is not like the other girls. She doesn't like fancy dates and a bunch of flowers. She prefers it more... let's say simply. Yes, she loves black roses, but only to be few of them. I have to admit that it's hard. But I have friends who will help me. I called Aaron and asked if I can come to their house for a while. He didn't mind. I knock on the door and get it open by Emma.

- Hi Emma. How are you?

- I am good and guess the same about you. So for what do you want to come? It's not only to see us, is it? - she said chuckling

- Actually, I need help from my friends.

- It depends on what kind of help. If it's for something illegal, don't count me. I already caused enough trouble. - Ricky added

- Maybe if you let him, he will explain. So what do you need? Let me guess, it's about Lexi, isn't it? - Aaron said laughing

- It is. After one month is my third anniversary with her and I have no idea what to do. So I thought that you can give me some ideas. Will you help me?

- You came to the right place, buddy. So it has to be something special, but not too fancy and romantic. I suggest you make it simple and make all the things that she loves. Including black roses. Maybe watching movies at home with nice decorations around or taking her out. - Ricky said

- It's not a bad idea. I don't want her to think that I don't care about her at all.

- Isn't there a carnival near your anniversary? You can take her there. At least you'll have fun. I don't know on which date it'll be in town, but you can check. - Emma suggested

- Will she like that? I don't want her to get bored, being at the same place the whole day.

- There are many things which you can do at the carnival. Plus we all know that Lexi is a big kid. You won't be sorry. But prepare some money. As a kid, she'll want to try everything. - Aaron added chuckling

- Yes, this might work. And later maybe we can go for dinner at some diner. Thanks, guys.

- What will you buy her? You can't go without a present? Or it'll be a bedtime present. - Ricky said smirking

- I won't do it, no matter that probably I will enjoy it. I was thinking about a bracelet or something like that. But I'm scared that if she wears it around, her parents might see it and start asking questions. I don't want them to get mad at her for that too. Their relationship with Lexi is enough complicated.

- We can cover you up and say that it's from us. Gift for being a great friend. You can engrave something on it. Quote or your initials. - Emma said

- It's not a bad idea. I have to think. I don't want her in more trouble. I already see her way less than needed. If her parents understand about us, I'll be dead and she grounded. - I said chuckling

- That's true, but let's not think for the worst scenario. Maybe they will accept your relationship. Who knows? You need to be more positive. - Ricky told me

- Isn't it weird that you're dating almost 3 years and you still haven't met her parents personally. I know the reason for that, but still, I find it strange.

- If they were more of the listening type, not the arguing and judging their daughter type, I would happily meet them. But now I don't want to do it. Moreover, Lexi will never let me.

- You don't need to think that much about it. Whatever you do, Lexi will love it, because it's from you. So don't worry that much. - Aaron said

- If you want I can talk with her, ask some questions. - Emma suggested

- No, no, no. Don't talk with her. I want it to be a surprise. The whole thing.

Emma nodded. What I was going to do without them? They are my life savior. That's why they are my friends. I know that if I do something to Lexi, they immediately will take her side and kick me out. I mean they were her friends before becoming mine. We chatted for a little and then I went home. I decide to call miss bad girl to check what she is doing. At the second ring, she picked up.

- Hey, babe, what are you doing?

- Took a nap, but it didn't last long, thanks to you. What do you want anyway?

- Just to see what are you doing. I'm sorry that I wake you up. Do you want me to come? Maybe I can make you fall asleep again.

- Not now. My parents are at home. They have a day off from work.

- Then maybe you can come. I want a hug, a kiss, and maybe something else. Well if you give it to me this time. - I said chuckling

- As much as I want to, I can't. I'll have to explain where I am going and with who. I don't want to get through that. Not today. But I'll make it up to you.

- Fine. But only this time.

We chatted for like an hour. I won't be a bad boy if I don't do something bad, right? So while I was talking with her I was driving my motorcycle. I know that she will kill me when she sees me, but it's worth a try. When I arrive I throw a small pebble at her window. Lexi came and drop her mouth when she saw me.

- Dude, what the heck are you doing here? If my parents see you, you'll be dead.

- I don't care. I want to take you out. Will you come or do I have to knock on the front door and ask your parents for permission?

- I hate you. Stay where you are. I'm coming down in a minute. You'll pay me for that.

With that, she closed the window and came after five minutes. I know that I shouldn't do it here, but I couldn't resist and that's why I pull her for a kiss. It took her time, but she kissed back.

- Why are you here? We have been talking like two hours ago? You couldn't resist not seeing me, huh? - she said smirking

- Why are you asking the obvious? I am a boy after all and like all the girls I have needs. And today I had the need to see you. We used to be every day together and now we see each other like twice a week. I don't like it. I want you back.

- I don't like it either, but I have no choice. I'm sorry Hunter. I can't do anything about that and you know it. If I could I happily would come back. I want it more than everything.

- I know. Don't worry I'm not mad. I just miss you, but I'll get used to it. Hopefully. - I said chuckling

I manage to go around the town with her for the whole two hours before she had to go home. Today was a good day. I get ideas for our anniversary and go out with her even for a while. Which is better than nothing. I hope that everything goes as planned and I won't mess up when the time comes. I know that I can get her with minimum effort, but I want to make it special because they are not many people who do nice things for her. Most of them see only her bad side. Lexi is not what people think she is. All I'll do is enjoy the little time which I spend with her because this is what matters the most for me.