Chapter twenty-six - Party and trouble

Katy's POV:

I woke up with a text from Josh who said that he'll come to take me to school. I offered Lexi if she wants to come with us, but she denied it. She said that she'll leave us alone. I know why she is doing it, but sometimes I feel awkward being alone with Josh. No matter that we know each other for three years already. When we walk into school one girl came to us.

- I am making a party. Take this invitation and tell your friends.

- You have never talked with us. Why you're inviting us to your party?

- To have fun, for what else? You're not obligated, don't worry. Got to go now. Bye. - she said and left

- Will you go? To be honest I don't trust her. - Josh said

- Me either. But how bad can it be? Maybe if we take Lexi, things will go well.

- At least she can kick some a*ses there. - he chuckled

- She is pro at that for sure. I'll ask her at lunch to see will she accept. Hopefully, she does.

We said goodbye and went to our class. I have science with mr. Ellsberg. He is a good teacher, except for the fact that he tells us way too many things from his personal life. I don't need to know how was his date last night. Or with who it was. I have two more classes and then lunch. Then I'll ask Lexi if she wants to come to this party. I still have some bad vibes from this girl. With Lexi, I'll feel calmer.

- Katy, are you ok? You look worried. - Andy said

- I am, just thinking about this party invitation. Why us? People rarely talk with us and now they are inviting us to a party. Something feels weird here.

- Don't worry about it. Plus Lexi will be there. But no one said that you have to go.

- That's true, but probably it won't happen again.

- It's up to you. We'll come with you for protection. - he laughed

- Thank you, guys. I don't know what I was going to do without you.

Now it's my lunch break. I went to search for Lexi and saw her sitting alone and barely eating from her food. I took some pasta, an apple and went to sit with her. I was kind of nervous to ask her, but I have to do it. Moreover, Lexi loves to get loose. It's true that she is doing it mostly with her friends, but she can try to do it at the party too.

- Hey Lexi, can I ask you for a favor? You don't need to agree.

- Sure. What do you want me to do? Kick someone's a*s? I would love to do it. Just tell me who is it.

- Actually, I was going to ask you if you want to come to one party tonight. I get an invitation from one girl and she told me that I can bring friends. And I thought of you.

- Or you want me to come so you can feel more relaxed. Because how I see you have never been to a party.

- How did you know? I have never told you that. - I looked at her

- You no need to tell me. It's visible. Moreover, you were nervous to ask me.

- So... will you come? The boys said that they will. I still don't know why I get an invitation, but I decide to go. Who knows will I get another one.

- Yeah, it's true. But I will come. I have nothing to do anyways. But if I don't like it or the people start acting weird, I'll go. Understood?

- Yes, mam. Thank you so much, Lexi. You are a life savior.

- I know, I am unique. I'll go now. Text me when this party starts, so I can go with you.

I nodded and she left. Thank God that she agreed. I hope that everything is ok and I don't need to worry all night. But what I'm going to wear? I'll just be myself and wear the clothes which I normally wear to school. It's just a party, not an official event.