Chapter nineteen - What will happen with us?

Emma's POV:

I haven't talked with Ricky since yesterday. I feel embarrassed and awkward being around him. I can't believe that we did it. This is happening way too often. We were close as friends, but now...Things feel different. When we are drunk there is nothing more than friend intimacy or that's what Lexi has told us. She always has said that there were just a couple of cheek kisses and me sitting on his lap. Or maybe she hides something from us. I don't even know did I like it, because I don't remember it. Neither Ricky. The drink is definitely helping us, but I'm starting to wonder is it only that or there are actual feelings. No, that's impossible. Ricky is my friend and that's it. Nothing more. I'll call Lexi. Maybe she can tell me what to do.

- Hey, Lexi, can I talk with you? It's important.

- Sure. What's the problem? You sound a bit worried. Did something happen since yesterday?

- That's for what I want to talk about with you. Since then I haven't talked with Ricky. I don't know what to tell him and to be honest, I'm not the only one. We are staying apart. Before you think it, he isn't mad at me or me at him. Just things are a little bit awkward.

- I think you two have to talk and for once to make things clear between each other. You can't keep ignoring him, neither he - you. Emma, you're not kids.

- I know, but I don't know what to tell him. Should I apologize or not? I don't even remember it. Nothing of it. And that's why I want to ask you something.

- Go on. What do you want to know?

- Before Friday night has something else, besides what you have told me, happened? I mean something different than the usual. But be honest. I want to know everything.

- I told you that nothing else has happened. Well before Friday night. Usually, you two are talking and laughing on your own. Have fun like normal friends. And you kissed his cheek a couple of times, but how I said I won't count it because I have done the same thing with Aaron and he is my best friend. You two have never kissed, so you can calm down.

- I can't calm down, because I don't want to ruin our friendship. Ricky means a lot for me the same as you guys. Moreover, I want to feel comfortable around him.

- Emma I understand you, but you have to talk with him. I can give you advice, but it's up to you what will happen. After all the decision is yours. But if you ask me I think that maybe you should try with Ricky.

- You want me to go out with him? There is no chance. Lexi, he is my best friend. I can't go out with him. It's like you and Aaron to start dating.

- In my defense, I'll say that I have thought about it. But it was going to feel like dating your brother. Then I met Hunter and you know the rest.

- Yeah, but still I won't do it.

- Emma I will agree if this has happened one, two even three times. But this is always. When we get wasted you two get really close. More than usual. Yes, the drink is helping, but I am not sure that it's only that. I think that you two maybe have feelings for each other and getting drunk is the way to express it. Then you get more confident and both are ready to say it. Maybe not with words, but you get the idea.

- All I want is to feel good around my best friend. Do I want way too much?

- Maybe you're not meant to be only friends. - Lexi chuckle

- Lexi, you're not helping me. I'm serious. I have no idea how to talk with Ricky. I don't want him to feel weird being around me. I just want a normal talk, but I'm not sure are we ready for that.

- The answer is in you. It might sound like a cliché, but why don't you ask your heart. That may help you.

- I don't know. I have to think. A lot. Oh, Ricky is coming home. - I saw him entering the house