Chapter thirty-four - I will save you

Start from the beginning

I was talking with them when Emma came with the boys. I haven't seen my friends since yesterday. They looked at him then at me. I'm glad that they came. After all, Hunter is their friend too.

- How is he? Will he recover? I know that you are through many things right now. - Emma said

- He is good. It turned out that he has lost a lot of blood and that's why his body is acting like that.

- So this means that Hunter needs more blood to bring the balance in his body? - Ricky asked

- That's right. He needs blood to make his body works normally.

- But didn't he has one of the rarest blood types? I don't remember which one it was. Where will you find a donator? - Ricky continue with the questions

- I know where. And the person is standing right in front of you. - Aaron said

Ricky was going to say something, but the nurse came. She brought everything needed for the infusion of my blood. She left me a biscuit and a box of orange juice.

- What is the food and the drink for? I'm not hungry.

- You may not be now, but later you may feel a little bit exhausted.

- Excuse me, how much blood do you need? - my dad asked

- We need three banks of blood. I know that this is much, but this boy has lost a lot. If you don't want to do it, it's ok.

- Who said that? I'm not giving up. I'm ready to start. Take how much you need, I won't complain.

- He must be really special for you since you are ready to do this. - the nurse smiled

- He really is. A lot more than you can imagine. - I returned the smile

She put the needle in one of my veins and the blood started to fill the first bag. Don't worry Hunter, I will save you. I won't leave you alone in this battle. You can count on me.

- Hunter will be proud of you when he understands that you saved him. - Ricky said

- No, you can't tell him. Please don't tell him. He shouldn't know about that. Please, I'm begging you.

- But why? Lexi, you two are three years together. I thought that there are no secrets between you two. - Emma said

- Because he will kill her, that's why. If he understands that she helped him, he won't feel good. - Aaron explained

I guess that Hunter has told him that. One thing that you don't know about him is that Hunter doesn't like when I help him. He can help me, but he doesn't want me to do it. I barely can do anything for him. He has said that he is not that important and I no need to do anything, but this is not true. For me, he is the most important person in my life.

- I don't understand. Hunter will get mad because you helped him. You two have a really weird relationship. - Ricky chuckled

- He just doesn't want me to help or take care of him at all. During everything that was happening, he didn't want to make me feel that I have to take care of someone else. You know what I mean.

- Because everything was complicated and he didn't want you to worry for someone else too, right? - Emma asked

- Basically yes. I understand him, but I wish that I could do something nice for him at least once.

- Well you are doing it now. He won't like it and that's why we won't tell him. Don't worry about that. - Aaron said

- Thank you. I appreciate your help.

- That's what friends are for. If you need something just call us. We'll come as soon as possible. - Emma said and hugged me

Soon the nurse came to change the first bag with the second one. I feel good for now. Emma and the boys stayed for half an hour and then left. I looked at Hunter. I hope that this blood is enough and he will wake up soon. In my mind appeared all the memories with him. I looked at my bracelet. I miss him so much. His laugh, the million hugs which he has given me, the kisses. I even miss his jealousy. It is fun how protective he can be when he gets jealous. I felt tears in my eyes and a couple of them rolled down my cheeks. My mom wiped them.

- Honey are you ok? What's wrong? You know you can tell me.

- Nothing. I just thought of some things. It's nothing special.

Well not for her. For me this is everything. My whole life. But I don't know will she be able to understand it.

- Is it because of Hunter? Don't worry, he will wake up.

- You don't understand it, mom. I have never cared so much for someone. I refused to believe in love and that this thing is real. Then he came and changed everything. The way I see the people around me. The way I act. Before I was really cold with everyone, but now, especially when he is around, I am soft like butter. He broke the old Lexi and made a new one. A better one. He made me a better person. Something that I didn't believe is possible.

- And that's why you want to help him so much, right? You want to return the favor.

- Kind of, yes. I don't want him to feel alone. That's why I bring him everywhere. And also, because I feel safe with him being around.

After an hour I was done with the blood. I filled all the bags. Now I get for what is the cookie. I needed it and the juice as well. I hope that this is enough to help him. I did what I could. The only thing that has left is Hunter to wake up, which I believe will be soon. I can't wait for that. I have missed him like crazy these couple of days.