Chapter nine - Time for a serious talk

Depuis le début

I get on my motorcycle and left. After 2 and a half hours of driving, I get to her school. I park in front of the building and enter. I look around to see her next to her locker, looking through her phone. Now or never. I have to do it. It's for her own good. I think that she saw me.

- Aaron! - she said and jump for a hug

- Hi Lexi. How are you today? I see that you are in a good mood. I hope that nothing bad has happened.

- No, everything is fine. But what are you doing here? You never told me that you'll come. Is there a problem?

- There isn't a problem. I just wanted to talk with you. Maybe go for lunch first.

- Am I in trouble? Because every time when you say you want to talk with me, it turns out that I have done something. - Lexi looked me little worried

- You are not in trouble. Can we go now? I'll explain everything later. We'll go somewhere where is quiet and no one will listen, ok?

- Yes, sure. Let's go then.

First, we stop for a lunch at one diner. I guess Lexi likes it because the waiter knew what she'll order since she said the usual one. We both ate quietly and barely have said a word. Usually, I'm not nervous to talk with her, but I really want her to understand what I'll tell her. I don't want to be like a parent, but just maybe to warn her. Yes, Lexi is 18, but she still is like a little sister to me. And probably the only person with who I feel comfortable and can share everything. I know that she won't judge me.

- So where are we going now? At some park or out of town?

- Actually, we are going home. Nobody is there now, so we can be alone. And before you think something else, I just want to talk with you. Nothing else. For the other things, you can ask Hunter. I'm pretty sure that he will be happy to give them to you. - I said chuckling

- Ha, ha, very funny Aaron. But I might ask for them from him later. I haven't spent much time with him lately. He would love that.

- I am sure that he will. Let's go now. I can give you a drink if you want. - I winked at her and she giggled

Soon we arrive at home. Ricky and Emma are still outside, so the house is empty. I kind of miss the time when Lexi was living here with us. Well not living, but sleeping here most of the time and both with Emma getting wasted. I have to admit that they are fun drunk.

- Do you guys still keep my room? Can we go there? I want to lay in bed and maybe cuddle a little bit. Well if you don't mind.

- Sure, no problem.

We walk in and a smile grew on her face. I guess the memories hit back. A lot of things have happened here. Sometimes we let Hunter here if he wants to hang with us.

- So for what do you want to talk with me? - Lexi asked as we lay down

- I just want to talk with you about what you did to Molly. And before you say something, I'm not mad or angry. Just want you to watch out more. I don't want you to get in trouble.

- I know you are worried, but I'm not a kid anymore. I will make mistakes, but how else I will learn. I know that you still want to play the role of a big brother, but I am growing up and you need to accept it.

- I understand that, but please be more careful. I don't forbid you to do it. Just don't do it in front of so many people. I don't want to lose my most important friend. Promise me that you won't get in trouble in public places.

- I can't promise you that, but I can promise to try. Look I appreciate that you want to help me, but I have to fight alone. I don't want to involve you or whoever is it in my problems. I don't want to lose you guys, because I have no one else. You are the only one who understands me completely and actually will listen to me. - Lexi said tearing up

- You will never lose us. We'll always be your side. You have done a lot for us and it's our turn to return the favor. Moreover, without you, things will be different or to say weird.

- I know that I am unique and irreplaceable, but I'm sure that there are other bad girls around. - she said chuckling

- But none of them is like you. Driving us crazy, but making us go after you. Believe it or not, we all love you. We might not say the words, but that doesn't mean that it's not true.

- I know and I am thankful for that. I don't know what I was going to do without you guys. Probably be in jail or dead. - she laughed

- This is very likely to happen. But that's why we are here. To keep you safe. - I said and kiss her forehead. Hunter might be dating her, but she is still my best friend

We talked like that for a couple of hours, before she went home. It was better than I thought. I'm glad that she understands how serious things are going and that she needs to be a little bit more responsible. We are not kids anymore and life is getting harder. I know that she will get through everything because Lexi is a strong girl. I have never imagined that I'll have a friend like her, but I am so happy about it.