Chapter 34: Shoto's POV (part 6)

After breakfast, we all went to get changed and go over the plan once more. After about an hour and a half, the alarm on my phone went off. My breath stuck in my throat when I heard the alarm. I didn't want to go even if I had to. The only thing that helped me move and walk to the meeting place was the fact that everyone was going to be there with me. Otherwise, I think my feet would have been stuck to the ground.

We quickly arrived and paused before continuing to the meeting spot, splitting up into two groups. Iida, Monoma, Aoyama, Shoji and Tomura came with me while Kaminari, Shinso, Tokoyami and Touya went with Izuku. Izuku's group was going to be watching from the shadows as extra protection.

I took a deep breath and began to walk to the meeting place. Iida stood on my left, Aoyama on my right, Monoma directly behind me with Shoji and Tomura standing a bit behind us, watching. Once we arrived, I looked around. We waited for about a minute when Father appeared with Hawks in tow. They walked over and once they were closer, Father raised an eyebrow and looked at everyone other than me, with disdain.

"Is there an issue, Endeavor?" Monoma teased.

"Who are these irrelevant people, Shoto?" Father asked.

I gulped before answering him. "My friends."

"Well get rid of them. They are no help to your training and will only distract you."

I noticed Monoma step forward. Don't do that. If you anger Father then he could hurt you! Please don't anger him!

"I'll have you know that we are here to protect Sho from you." Monoma told Father.

Father snarled. "Sho? How disrespectful. He is above your level so do not address him with such disrespect."

This time Iida spoke up. "The one being disrespectful is you. Shoto graciously accepted your request and yet you made light of his friends? You are disrespecting Shoto."

I glanced over at Iida and I couldn't keep the corner of my mouth from turning up into a half smile. I fear for their safety. Even though I fear for them, I still can't help but appreciate the way they are defending me.

Father was about to say something but Hawks stopped him by putting a hand on his arm and shaking his head. He then turned to us and smiled.

Why was he smiling at us? Why was he with Father and how is he able to stop Father from getting angrier than he already was. Who is he to Father?

"Who wants to go get something to eat?" Hawks then proceeded to ask.

"We ate before we came." Monoma told him.

"We?"

Iida explained. "We had a sleepover with Shoto."

"And Izuku." I added.

Tomura then spoke. "So Shoto, where do you want to go or do?"

I turned towards him and thought about it. "Not sure."

"Then perhaps a walk in the park may be nice?" Aoyama suggested.

I smiled at him and nodded. "I like the idea."

He smiled back and linked arms with me. "Then let us go. Oui."

"Follow us." I heard Tomura say.

Monoma quickly joined Aoyama, Iida and I, walking next to Aoyama while Iida walked next to me.

"So how are you feeling, mon ami?" Aoyama asked while Monoma and Iida looked at me.

"It's a bit overwhelming but easier to deal with because you all are here." I told them.