Chapter 33: Shoto's POV (part 5)

Hisashi, Touya and I went to the hospital once the class had been taken back to the classroom. When we arrived, Inko was waiting there and led us to the waiting area. Tomura was sitting on a bench, his face in her hands. As we walked over, he lifted his head and I could see that he was crying. Touya and I joined him on the bench.

"How is he?" I heard Hisashi ask Inko.

Inko shook her head. "It's bad, he got hit in the head multiple times, his ankle is burned, he broke two ribs and just all the wounds. They are about to finish treating him but once he gets some more energy, they'll call in Recovery Girl to heal a few things."

Hisashi sighed and pulled her in for a hug. "My baby boy... how could he do this to him?" Inko sobbed.

Hisashi just continued to hug and rock gently. Tomura and I leaned our heads on Touya's shoulders while we waited for any more news about Izuku. After about an hour, a doctor came out. Hisashi and Inko immediately jogged over to him.

Touya poked Tomura and I to get our attention and motioned over to where we saw Hisashi and Inko talking to a doctor before the doctor left. We quickly got up and ran over to them.

"How is he?" Tomura quickly asked.

Inko smiled softly at us. "The doctor says he'll be fine. Recovery girl healed him some more since she came to the hospital to help and they called in some other healers as well to help. They say he should be about completely healed in one to two weeks at the rate he's healing. Apparently he is healing very quickly. But he is currently sleeping in room 378. The doctor said we can visit but we have to be quiet so that he can regain some energy as he sleeps."

We quietly cheered before heading over to room 378 to go visit Izuku. Once we arrived at the room, Inko made sure to shush us. Hisashi opened the door and stepped inside, making sure to not make any noise. We followed Inko as she stepped inside after Hisashi. Izuku was inside, sleeping. It was startling and scary to see all the machines beside the bed, beeping away. Inko walked over to the bed and gently kissed his forehead. We walked over and waited while Hisashi also kissed his forehead, noticing how almost his entire body was bandaged up. There was a couch to the side of the room so Inko and Hisashi sat down, Inko curling up against him. Tomura joined them, snuggling next to Inko. I grabbed a chair and leaned my head back against the wall. Touya pulled a chair next to the bed and watched Izuku sleep. I don't know when I fell asleep but once I woke up, Hisashi told me about how Izuku had woken up and what they had discovered about his quirk. I laughed when I heard about how Izuku acted while under the influence of painkillers. Izuku was visited a lot while he was stuck in the hospital bed. Unfortunately, I was required to go back to school but would come back to visit when I can. We took turns staying with him during the night. Apparently even some of our class visited Izuku and apologized for their behavior with me. Aoyama, Iida and Kaminari joined our group of friends after visiting with Shoji and Tokoyami. Izuku was healing quickly and would actually help us out with homework and that led to the discovery that Kaminari was actually very smart. He just pretended to be dumb because he was lazy and didn't want to be expected to do something. That and he had low self confidence so if he was expected to do things, Kaminari would freak out because he didn't want to do a bad job but believed that he would. Aoyama and Monoma surprisingly hit it off nicely.

Today Shinso, Kaminari and I came to visit Izuku. When we opened the door and stepped inside, he greeted us.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Izuku. How are you feeling?" Shinso asked.

"Ugh. Please stop asking. I feel fine. Besides, everytime someone comes, they ask how I'm feeling and it's becoming annoying." Izuku complained.