42

Annabeth POV-

"Percy! Percy!" Sally calls as she barges into the hospital room. Paul runs in after her, holding Estelle.

"Mom!" He sits up and spreads one arm out for a hug. I sat back in the chair next to him, his right hand still squeezing mine tight.

"Oh sweetie! I'm so happy you're okay. I was worried sick about you! Never do this to us again!" Percy chuckles.

"I won't," he says as Estelle wriggles her way out of Paul's firm grasp.

"Percy!" She climbs up onto the bed and collapses on his chest. He lets out an 'oomph'.

"Estelle, be careful. Your brother is still healing okay? You don't want to land on one of his bruises," Paul says.

"Too late," Percy says. He sees Paul reach out for Estelle and shakes his head while pulling his sister closer. He's about to say something when Estelle cuts in.

"I'm giving Percy magic hugs so he can feel better. It's one of my goddess powers." We all just laughed.

"I feel better already, Estelle. Thank you for giving me a magic hug."

"That'll be twenty dollars," Estelle says. Percy raises an eyebrow. "Just because I'm a goddess doesn't mean I have all the money I want for my princess dresses and dollies. The real doctor who won't be able to help you as much as I can is gonna make you pay more, anyways."

Percy and I laugh. "Percy and I will take you shopping to pick out some dollies once the doctor lets him out of the hospital, okay, Estelle?"

She climbs off of Percy and off of the bed and then wraps me in a hug. "Really?"

"Of course. Anything for the wonderful goddess."

The doctor finally enters the room.

"It's okay. I gave him a magical hug and he's all better now," Estelle tells the man. He smiles.

"Really? We could really use you here then. With magical hugs like that, everyone would be healthy and happy."

"I know! I'm amazing with my magic powers!" Paul laughs and shakes his head.

"You really are! I'll have to get you a sticker." His attention switches to Percy. "I just have to examine your bruises and everything, make sure you don't need another magical hug." Percy laughs.

"I'm pretty sure one magical hug healed me completely. I feel fine."

"Well, you'll have to stay in here for one more day at least. Then, I can release you to go home with your family if you feel alright. Just be careful and stay out of trouble."

"I'll try my best," Percy says with his lopsided grin. "But trouble usually manages to find me."

Sally nods her head in agreement, exasperated as she must be remembering all the trouble Percy manages to get himself into.

Twenty four hours later, Percy's doctor comes back, as promised. His family went home because Estelle was tired, so it was just him and I when the doctor came in to do a final exam. Later in the afternoon, around five thirty, Percy is released.

We roam down the halls of the hospital, take the elevator down, and outside. Percy breathes in a breath of fresh air and smiles at me. Then, he pulls me down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of his apartment.

"Percy, I'll give you the excuse that your head may still be a little loopy from the accident and all the pain medicine, but your apartment is that way." I jut my thumb behind me.