2

Annabeth POV-

I listened as my dad and Helen, my stepmom, yelled at me. I wish I had headphones or something to drown out their voices.

"Annabeth, you have to do the music video with him!" Helen ordered, she was angry at me and I couldn't care less.

"No! I'm not doing a music video for a love song with Luke Castellan!"

"Do you have someone else in mind?" My father questioned, clearly agitated.

I thought about it for a moment. I went through my list of friends, all of them were close, like siblings. I couldn't do a love song with them, that'd be weird. They also all pretty much had couples. I shook my head sadly. I didn't want to do a music video with Luke. Not with what happened recently.

"Then you must do it with him!"

"He's my ex, Dad! I'm not doing a video with him!"

My father and Helen had always been fans of Luke. He was a famous actor, loaded with money. I dated him for a bit of time, and I thought that we had started liking each other after we wrote a song together. We sung the love song at a concert together and he kissed me at the end. The crowd had gone crazy. I thought I had enjoyed it. I thought. I realized that I didn't fall in love with him, I fell in love with the idea of affection. I never received much love in my life, that's all I really wanted. My dad had never shown me love, only to my career. My mom, Athena, who knows what she was doing. When he kissed me, I adored it. I thought I really liked him and I thought he really liked me. I thought he loved me. Then, he took me to some stupid party with celebrities only. He got drunk. I was blind. Then, I saw him making out with another girl and I ran out. The next day a called him to break up. I screamed at him, calling him some very rude names. Whoops.

Anyways, they liked him. He was famous. Good publicity for me. Sales went up like wildfire when I started dating him. For weeks, they had refused to let me tell them that we had broken up. Luke didn't mind, it also helped him, it was a good business deal. Finally, I let the news slip "on accident". I was done with it all. Somehow the breakup got me more publicity for a bit of time, but recently it's just been falling. My father and Helen don't like that too much, so they want me to do the whole thing over again.

And they question why I ran away from home when I was seven.

"Annabeth! Annabeth!" My father yelled interrupting my thoughts. It wasn't like your usual call to grasp someone's attention, it was angry and firm.

"What Frederick?!"

"Listen. Unless you can find another boy by the deadline, you're doing it with Luke. I'll go call his agent, you have to get to work, you have a song to write."

"Dad! I just finished a whole album two days ago!"

"Go to work!"

I groaned and went to my room to get dressed. I was still in my pajamas and my blonde hair was a rat's nest. I quickly ran a brush through it until it looked decent. I put no makeup on because I rarely ever did, only when performing, and even then it was a small amount.

I quickly threw on jeans and an orange t-shirt. I didn't care that I was supposed to dress like a pop-star, I didn't want to. I put in a pair of owl earrings and a bead necklace that my friends and I made years ago. We put random beads on there, I wasn't sure what half of them meant. I grabbed my bag full of papers and blueprints.

"Annabeth! You can't wear that to the studio!" Helen scolded as I walked out of my room. I shoved past her without saying a word.

I headed out of my penthouse, my chauffeur following me. My chauffeur's name was Argus. He didn't talk much and sometimes it felt like he was always watching you, like he had eyes in the back of his head. Besides that, he was really nice.

As I sat in the back of my car, Argus climbed in the front. He turned the keys in the ignition and started to leave the penthouse parking garage.

He dropped me off in the back entrance of the recording studio. I knew better than to go through the front doors. That's where the paparazzi stood, and with my new album release a couple days ago, I knew they'd have many annoying questions.

"Hey Annabeth!" Will called. He worked at the front desk. He was still fifteen, but his dad was Apollo himself, so he got a job easily. Not that he wanted it, he wanted to be a doctor, but he's in high school, so he only reads medical books when he gets the chance and takes any class he can. He can't be an official doctor yet.

"Hi Will, how have you been?" I replied.

"Terrific!" He smiled happily. He was great at the desk because he was always joyful. I've actually never seen him yell or argue... well besides when he yelled at Nico di Angelo- Bianca di Angelo's little brother who came in sometimes, when Bianca felt like making him tag along. She was in an all girl band with my best friend, Thalia, called The Hunters. But Will was only yelling at him about how pale he was and how it was so unhealthy. Thalia and I have secret suspicion that they like each other.

I headed up to my own individual studio, up on floor two, to work on song writing. It was hard after just coming out with an album and I refused to let anyone do the song writing for me. I liked to have as much control over it as possible.

Eventually, I gave up on trying to write a new song, and pulled out a sheet of blue-prints to work on. I was designing my dream house. I never wanted to go into the music business, I wanted to be an architect. When I turned eighteen, I was getting out, I had decided, Helen and Frederick couldn't control me if I was an adult. Just two more years.