28

Percy POV-

"Hey Percy!" Piper called me over to the lunch table. I took a seat in my usual spot between Jason and Hazel. "I'm having a party this weekend. You're invited. Bring your girlfriend if she wants to come. Jason's inviting Thalia."

"Good luck with that," I told Jason. "She's not really a party person. Or at least, it seems that way."

"She's not. I told her she could bring Reyna if she wanted to. That made her happy." I let out a laugh. Annabeth had told me about her plot to get Thalia and Reyna together, she would love to know about this.

"You know what you won't believe, Jason? Thalia actually likes children. She spent Sunday playing with Estelle on a playground and then we had to go to my house and Thalia promised that her and the rest of the huntress would play princesses with her."

"You're kidding. Thalia would never be seen in a Princess dress."

"That's what I thought. You should ask her about it."

"Are you sure she won't kill you for telling me?"

"It would be better than dying to 'Pain! Agony Torture Death', so it's okay." They didn't question anything, just shrugged it off.

Piper spoke, "Okay, so we have the six of us, Thalia, Reyna, and Annabeth. Anyone else? Do we just wanna let them invite some friends from the studio? Honestly I don't care and my dads not home to care so..."

"Yeah, that would be fun to just have a bunch of people there," Leo said.

"I mean, I think they just stay to their own group for the most part, so it won't get too out of hand and it will still be a lot of fun," Jason agreed.

"It'll be awesome. And trust me, nothing will be as 'out of hand' as this one party I went to for my dad's first major acting roll. I'm still scarred from what happened there. I don't wanna talk about it," Piper said.

Hazel and Frank's eyes widened. The rest of us laughed.

A buzz sounded from my phone. I looked to see a message from Annabeth.

Annabeth: thanks for yesterday! I had fun! Love you!

Me: love you too! 💙

Yesterday hung in my mind, replaying itself over and over again.

Annabeth gave me a teasing smile, grabbing the blue corn chips out of the picnic basket.

"It's the only way," I said. She laughed. "If they're not blue, they're not worth my money. Besides, they taste so much better blue."

She dipped them into the blueberry salsa and took a bite. "They do, don't they?"

I nodded and pulled out the ziplock bags of sandwiches. My mom made sure to dye the bread blue for us. I love my mom.

Annabeth laughed upon seeing it and took one of the bags out of my hand. "I love your family."

"Mainly me though, right?"

"Of course, Seaweed Brain!" She planted a kiss on my lips, leaning over the blanket.

"I love you too," I told her. "Can you sit over here so we can cuddle though?" I asked, patting the spot next to me. She let out a small laugh.