50. HOLD ME TIGHT

Start from the beginning

Not now when he was so close.

Jeongguk took a step forward, minimizing the distance between them. Even so, he still left quite a distance between them, as if he wanted to leave a personal space for him to feel at ease. But it was enough for the familiar scent of a young businessman's perfume to creep into the tattoo artist's nostrils. So he instinctively clenched his black sports bag, into which he hurriedly tossed some of his clothes as he packed before leaving the house, as if he feared he might do something he shouldn't have done. The proximity of the young CEO was intoxicating. He felt an almost physical urge to be close to him, and each moment they spent apart was painful. Now, being so close, it needed almost all of his will not to throw the bag aside and minimize the distance between them, only to take him into his arms again.

Maybe this trip was not the best idea?

"I promised to wait for you," the brunet replied. "I couldn't have done this without you," he added, although he knew it wasn't entirely true.

He could finish these drawings without anyone's help. The truth was, he didn't want to do it without him.

However, this second part he left unsaid, knowing that they still had to explain a lot to each other before he could reveal to him the true intentions behind the proposal to leave together. He didn't want to screw it up, though, attacking him from the doorstep with his confessions. This time, he wanted to do it right. He wanted to apologize to him for all the pain he had caused him. He wanted to tell him about the broken engagement. Then tell him how much he means to him and beg him to give him a second chance. So he smiled shyly at him and held out his hand to take his luggage from him. The tattoo artist, understanding his intentions, took the bag off his shoulder and handed it to him.

"Sit down," Jeon said, placing the tattoo artist's bag in the small luggage compartment their jet was equipped with, then pointed to one of the comfortable armchairs beneath the window. "The jet is already starting to taxi. We have to prepare for take-off," he added, and then he himself moved to the seat on the opposite side.

Taehyung had not yet had time to look inside the jet at all, so only now did he glance quickly around the room. The Jet was decorated in a very luxurious and elegant way. It was like private jets, photos of which appeared in the pages of newspapers to show the luxuries in which the richest people in the world bask in. But what else could he expect from one of Korea's richest families? He hesitantly approached the seat Jeongguk pointed him out and let his body, exhausted by running, sink into the soft latte macchiato-colored cushions. He smelled leather, and almost involuntarily ran his hand over the upholstery of the chair, examining its texture with his fingertips, then looked at the young CEO who was just sitting in the chair in front of him.

Jeongguk's gestures did not show the hesitation and uncertainty that accompanied his gestures. While Taehyung was in such a luxurious interior for the first time, the young CEO looked like he was born here. For a moment, he watched as his athletic body fell into a leather armchair, his hands instantly finding the straps to wrap around his narrow hips. When the brunet, however, did not buckle the seat belt, but only froze in place, Kim looked up and immediately met the gaze of chocolate irises, staring at him with obvious concern.

"Something's wrong?" The brunet asked uncertainly, raising his right eyebrow. "You're uncomfortable? If you prefer to sit in my seat, we can switch..." he added, feeling strangely nervous.

The tattoo artist quickly shook his head, then pushed his tongue out of his mouth and ran it over his bottom lip, leaving a delicate layer of saliva on it, which sparkled so invitingly on them that the brunet quickly looked away, shifting his gaze to the man's dark irises.