52

Su Mu quite admired Yun Feiyan. She and Su Mochi's experiences were actually not much different; but a weak woman had the ambition to conquer heaven, whereas Su Mochi, despite being the prince of a country, could only drag everyone down to hell with him.

Yun Feiyan sat quietly in front of Su Mu, her eyes seemingly calm and unaffected, but in truth she had placed all of her hopes on Su Mu. After a while, Su Mu directly addressed Han Yang beside him: "Go and call Lin Siyuan and the others."

After a while, Lin Siyuan walked into the main hall with four other people. These people were some of the scholars who had followed Lin Siyuan to participate in the imperial examinations. Later, Su Mu had assigned them to various positions in the imperial city.

"This official, pays respects to His Royal Highness." The five people led by Lin Siyuan greeted together.

Su Mu lifted his hand and said: "Rise, have a seat. The main reason for calling you here this time is for the "New Laws"."

"Is Your Highness going to implement the "New Laws"?" Lin Siyuan's handsome face for once had on a serious look.

Su Mu slowly shook his head and said: "On the contrary, the "New Laws" must be temporarily shelved and re-edited."

"Why?" It was not Lin Siyuan and Yun Feiyan who spoke first, but a plain-looking young man next to Lin Siyuan.

Perhaps it was because he was aware of his gaffe, the young man immediately stood up and pleaded guilty: "This official was rude, please punish this official."

Su Mu said: "It's fine."

Yun Feiyan was covered with a veil so her expression could not be seen, but her hands tightly pinched at the robe over her knees as she said with difficulty, "Your Highness, are you going to get rid of everything I just recited?"

Lin Siyuan and the others also looked at Su Mu nervously.

Su Mu did not expect that even in ancient times, there would be so many people with advanced thinking. He had underestimated the ancients. Su Mu shook his head and said, "No, I just don't think it is enough."

"You should fight for more."

Seeing Yun Feiyan's eyes suddenly light up, Su Mu's eyes swept across everyone present: "The young lady Yun alerted me to a point I had missed before. When I was compiling the "New Laws", Ben Gong proposed some rules to protect women, but this is only just the basics."

Feeling the focused eyes on him, Su Mu pondered for a while and said: "If only relying on the enforcement of the law to protect women then it will not be too effective. Women must have the right to speak in society, and this right to speak is only supported by power."

The group of people, including Yun Feiyan, looked at Su Mu as if they were looking at an alien. Lin Siyuan widened his eyes and said to Su Mu: "Your Highness, you want women to enter politics."

Su Mu nodded and said: "This is only one aspect. If women want to obtain rights, they must create corresponding value."

Su Mu turned his head to Yun Feiyan: "If half of the Qing kingdom's market is in the hands of women, half of the military is in the hands of women, and half of the government is in the hands of women, you can understand what that means without me saying more."

Yun Feiyan restrained the surging emotions in her heart and nodded, saying: "Your Highness, I understand."

She looked at Su Mu with bright eyes that shone brilliantly. She suddenly stood up from the chair and knelt down in front of Su Mu. When she leaned over, two tears fell and hit the floor.