Vol. Four Epilogue: Resolve in Goodbye

~Third Person~

"I'll catch up with you girls later...tomorrow! I am NOT waking up until the afternoon!"

"Same!"

Athena and (Y/N) had stayed back as Team RWBY left with a small wave yet, not even turning to face the Pilot as he chortled out. Sighing out soon after as he held his helmet underneath his arm before turning to face Athena who was on one knee as he hopped up onto the top of her chassis before she stood upright. Beginning to march with a small mechanical limp around the Courtyard of the Academy.

Her Pilot would let out a small blissful sigh as he laid back with his hands supporting him as his legs idly swayed at the sides of Athena's hatch.

"We did good, Athena..."

"AGREED, PILOT. IMC FORCES ARE NOW BOUND TO BECOME DESTABILIZED. IF THEY DO NOT FALL TO GRIMM, WE WILL BE THERE TO ENSURE THEY DO."

"Hoo-fucking-rah, Athena."

Patting her chassis almost affectionately as he chuckled yet, they soon stopped in front of the cliff yet again. The Pilot would perk up a bit as he sat up-right before patting Athena's top hatch.

"Heya, A? What is that you wanted to speak about?"

"PILOT...I HAVE LEARNED EARLIER TODAY, THAT OUR FIGHT WITH THE IMC WILL BE DIFFICULT...PROTOCOL THREE DICTATES THAT I PROTECT YOU NO MATTER THE COST-"

"Protocol Three can also kiss my ass."

"PILOT, A PROTOCOL CANNOT EXPRESS ENDEARMENT TO YOUR-"

He would quickly pat Athena's singular eye to force her to stop before (Y/N) began to affectionately rub the top of her chassis.

"And? You saying I can't show affection to you because you're metal and codes?"

"I AM MERELY YOUR TITAN, PILOT-"

"You are not merely. You are my Titan."

Swinging out in front of her, Athena's bottom hatch would flip down as the Pilot used it to stand so he could be face to mechanical eye with Athena. Holding onto her securely as he chuckled.

"No matter what, Athena? You'll be dear to me. You could be a fucking toaster and I'd be damned to let anyone toast bread in another toaster if they were around me. Because I'd carry you around everywhere I go. To me, Athena? You're more than just a Titan...You're like..."

"A PARENTAL FIGURE.."

"Exactly...like a mom..."

Putting his head up, (Y/N)'s forehead would be placed against Athena's Data-Core as she seemed to just stand there before leaning forward as if to return the gesture. Causing (Y/N) to chuckle.

"You and I, Athena. Till the bitter end."

...

Now (Y/N) stood whilst panting heavily in between the now ruined Ronin's chassis as his body gave off a prismatic crackle before fading as if it were dust. Causing him to fall forward but, only to be caught by Ruby who whined out as she tried support his weight. Eventually, he knees buckled as she held him up so he too could be on her knees.

"(Y-Y/N)!"

"I'm...what just...?"

"Easy! Easy...I...I think that was..."

He would soon sit up just a bit as Ruby held onto his arms before smiling and reaching into her pocket. Pulling out her scroll to show he now had an aura that was gone thanks to have just shattered with a blinking red set of bars around a portrait of himself. Causing his eyes to widen as he looked at his hands with a bit of shakiness to them. Yet, Ruby soon placed her hands in his as she sniffled out.