Vol. Four Prologue: Two Halves, Now One

A child's room. One with toy planes strung up into the ceiling, some on stands, some just laying about yet, all clean and cared for.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, my little Aviator?"

A young (Y/N) laid in bed as his mother sat upon it as she was just about to get up, he called her. Causing her to smile warmly down upon him as she rose a hand up to his head to pat it softly. Something he admired heavily as he giggled with a toothy grin. Showing just how much of an energetic boy he was despite he was supposed to be falling asleep soon.

"Can you read me a bedtime story?"

"Of course. Once upon a time-"

"I want a new one! I love your stories but, I want something new!"

Her son's request would make the mother think about just how she was going to make a new story out of seemingly nothing. However, she soon gained a soft warm smile as she then nodded.

"Once upon a time..."

The memory would fade as it was soon replaced with (Y/N) running laps while in an IMC trainee uniform. He was but a mere ten years old alongside the others as he was covered in head to toe in sweat as the yells of drill instructors kept the platoon of kids in line and up on their feet despite some already out of breath. Behind this line of children, was the body of one who dropped from heatstroke. To the IMC here on Gridiron? Only the strongest survive.

"-there was a small boy who worked hard. Doing only the most difficult of challenges because he wanted to come out on top..."

(Y/N) was shown to do several pull-ups on the pull-up bar in training which, for all intents and purposes, was a mere concrete wall with a set of iron bars to act as a Pull-up bar. He was of course struggling to complete them but, he pushed through. He had to. Others around him groaned in fatigue as one suddenly fell from the bar with a heavy thud and worse yet? A low volume snap before the small child cried out in agony. A agony that soon turned into fear as the broken child as well as the others knew what would occur next. It wasn't long after that two IMC Grunts came over and picked up the child by the armpits as it tried to fight back. But what can a child do when they have a broken leg and are being carried away by two large military men? These scene would cause a scared yet, highly motivated (Y/N) begin to do pull-ups with less struggling and more complete pulls.

"However, he was doing it because a big bad man and his army wanted him to become a soldier for the army. 'I only take the best' the man said."

General Marder, one of the high ranking Officers of the IMC's ARES Division, stood on a podium and microphone. Below him, hundreds of exhausted children. Among these children was (Y/N) as he heard a frown at the man's words. The scene would change to show a young (Y/N) running alongside the other kids in a routine sprinting marathon. Next was him using what was supposed to be a Pilot's jump-kit yet, it was just two diagonally positioned ropes that held him suspended in air. He was struggling to keep himself straight up since in one moment, he actually lurched forward and twirled in the air with a yell. Now on the ground, he would look at what was a male drill instructor who held a tablet. Tapping on the screen, (Y/N) growled out as he them stood up before trying once more as finally held up his position in the air as he swayed softly. The drill instructor, once again would tap at the screen.

"One day, a goddess awoke from her slumber. She was the goddess of war and wisdom yet, she had awaken to find out she was linked to the boy."

Now standing in front of AT-4774, the young (Y/N) was accompanied by a researcher with a tablet and IMC Grunt holding an IMC Charge-Rifle. Whilst AT-4774 was an IMC Ion Class Titan, (Y/N) simply wore a white IMC Pilot suit with all the equipment missing. As she turned on, the Grunt pointed the Charge-Rifle at the exposed Data-Core that was the Ion's singular eye. Focusing in on (Y/N), her eye would twirl and almost squint.