Vol. Four Ch. Eleven: New Mission Objective

~Third Person~

Cinder stood in a large circular room of the castle as she was facing four Beowolves that snarled as they crept up to her slowly. She was panting heavily due to the fact she has been facing them the entire day with only small breaks in between to catch her breath. However, her body's weakened state was still quite prominent as she glared at her Grimm opponents.

Suddenly, she left her left hand slash in front of her as an arc made of pure unwavering flames shot outwards. Cutting the Grimm in half as their upper torsos leapt into the air yet, disintegrated before they could even touch the ground. Cinder would pant heavily with small wheezes every other breath or so when there came a surprising set of stomps. Causing Cinder to cry out as a Beringel leapt into the air to bring its fists down on top of her. Thinking quickly, her right hand would shoot out towards it just as it came down towards her.

A bolt of flames shot out and punched a hole through the ape Grimm yet, also made it disintegrate in midair much like the Beowolves before it. She soon fell onto her knees in an even worse state before Salem's voice called out.

"Enough...I thought you were the girl who wanted power. You lied to me!"

Salem presence made Cinder become a bit fearful yet, she soon flinched when the Queen of Grimm called her out. Cinder's breathing would begin to control itself yet, that didn't take away from the fact she was still being scolded. Looking at her mistress, she would shake her head as if saying she wasn't a liar.

"Then stop holding back! If you wish to master your new powers, you must-!"

As Salem scolded Cinder more, with the latter turning to face the ground. However, a heavy set of doors in the corridor in which Salem had passed through as Tyrian and Haytham walked into towards the two women. The former was panicking to himself as he sobbed with hiccups and his former practically sinking. As for Haytham? He simply rolled his head as if to roll his nonexistent eyes. Upon halting in front of the two, Tyrian dropped on his knees and his forehead against the ground as Haytham straightened himself as if standing in front of a superior officer.

"Tyrian! Haytham! Your task...were you both successful?"

"N-No..."

"No, we were not."

At the mere mention of his name, Tyrian clinched as Haytham stood unwavering as he responded nonchalantly. Hearing of their failure, Salem was most displeased and Cinder was actually taken aback as she stood up with wide eyes. Soon, Salem would begin to leave with a unpleasant scowl. This was cause for concern as Tyrian tried to please his mistress with a different set of news.

"But-But hope is not lost! My tail, my stinger...! I-I poisoned him, Qrow! He will not be a nuisance to you any longer, no...! No longer! I've done that...Have I done well? Have I pleased you...?"

As Tyrian spoke, he regained his maniacal behavior as he smiled creepily whilst also turning to follow Salem's figure. Haytham remained where he was as he stared at nothing in particular. Yet, Salem continued walking for a bit more before coming to a halt without looking at Tyrian up until she gave him a mere glance over the shoulder.

"The last eye is blinded...You disappoint me. The both of you. Haytham? Meet me in the meeting hall in ten minutes. Do not fail me on this."

"Understood."

Haytham gave a mere nod as Salem would leave a heartbroken Tyrian who began to wail out and sob with his hands on his face. A Beowolf would enter the room, attracted by Tyrian's grief as it snuck up on him. Haytham and Cinder wouldn't interject. No. They just watched as Beowolf finally lunged with a roar that was accompanied by a roar from Tyrian who turned around. Slashing it away onto its back with his crippled tail before leaping up onto it. Beginning to stab it ferociously as his wails turned into him laughing maniacally as tears still stained his face. Cinder and Haytham only watched on in disgust with the former showing signs of fear as well...