Chapter 39: She Realed Me In

Start from the beginning

"Lizzie you got a bite! There's a fish on there. You have to reel the rod now!" She explains and I do as she said, feeling the excitement building up.

"What do I do now it's almost near the boat?!" I ask y/n.

"Once it's close I will grab it with the net. Keep reeling until I say stop. Make sure you go slow so you don't hurt the fish!" She explains and I slow down my motions.

"Keep going baby, you're doing great!" She cheers me on and I smile.

Once the fish is close she tells me to stop and scoops it up with the net, bringing it into the boat. The fish is pretty big and I can't help but smile, proud that I did it all by myself.

"What type of fish is it?" I ask her as she takes the hook out of its mouth.

"It's a large mouth bass. It's a pretty big one for this species! You did amazing and I am so proud of you!" she tells me and I blush at her encouragement.

"Do you want a picture with the fish? I can teach you how to hold it but we have to do it fast so I can get it back in the water,"

"Okay sure!" I say a little nervous but I want to try.

She shows me where to hold the fish so that I won't hurt it. I hold it up beside me and smile as she takes the picture. She quickly puts the fish back in the water carefully and we watch it swim away.

"That was so cool! How do I get this slimyness of my hands though?" I ask her, grossed out by the feeling.

"Just lean over and rinse them in the water and then I have a towel so you can't dry them."

"Okay," I reply and bend down so that I can lean over the boat. I lean over pretty far so that I can touch the water and start rubbing my hands together, getting the fish smile off. A boat goes by behind me and I don't see the waves coming. One hits the side of the boat launching me forwards right over the side of the boat.

"LIZZIE!" I hear y/n scream as I make contact with the water. I don't panic and put my feet down remembering the water is only four feet deep and I have my life jacket on.

"Are you okay?!" She asks holding out her arm for me to grab.

"Yeah I am okay," I say grabbing ahold of her hand. As she tries to pull me up I pull her forwards and she splashes next to me. When her head surfaces above the water she rolls her eyes making me laugh.

Y/n grabs ahold of my life jacket and pulls me closer, gliding through the water. Once we are face to face, an inch away from each other she kisses me slowly and softly giving my stomach butterflies. When the kiss ends we pull back and she licks her lips.

"Tastes fishy," she jokes and I splash water in her face in response.

"You deserved that," I laugh and she splashes me back.

"You know, that's not the first time you played that stunt. Remember the first time you kissed me, it started with you falling in the water and me trying to pull you up. You pulled me in that day too," she explains and I remember the memory she is talking about.

"This is why I told you to wear a life jacket though. For occasions like this," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Thanks mom!" I say sarcastically as she gets into the boat.

"The only time I want you using that word is in the bedroom. And I would prefer mommy," she jokes and I blush thinking about the other night.

"Stop daydreaming about me Olsen and take my hand," y/n says flicking a bit of water at me.

"What are we going to do about our wet clothes?" I ask her, drenched with water.

"I brought us an extra pair and they are in the car. We can change when we go back. You're not cold are you?" She asks.

"No. I am good. I am beating you though. I caught the first fish making me have the most fish right now," I boast.

"Just wait. I'll definitely beat you, don't you worry," she pokes back.

~~~

"I can't believe how well you did for your first time. I hate to admit it, but you were almost as good as me!" She tells me and I smile as we pack everything into the car.

"Thanks. I had a lot of fun. We should definitely do this again!" I say honestly.

I grab the clothes and we go to the bathrooms to change so we don't get the car wet. Once we are done we pay for the boat rental and head home.

"Did you really enjoy yourself?" Y/n asks and I reach over to grab her hand.

"I really did. I love when you teach me new things, especially the outdoor ones. I was never exposed to nature when I was a kid or even now until I met you and I now realize I was missing out. Everything we have done together has been so much fun and I am so grateful that you have showed me what I was missing," I tell her whole heartedly and I can tell she is thinking about what I just said.

"Y/n?" I say worried that she's not responding.

"Lizzie I can't even explain how happy that makes me hearing what you just said. I want to show you so much and experience new things together that we can both enjoy. I am so glad you enjoy them because that's what I grew up with and to be able to share these memories with you is all I have ever wanted. I love you so much Lizzie," y/n expresses and I start to tear up listening to her.

"I love you too. I can't wait for us to go on so many more adventures together and make these memories that I will cherish forever. Me and you, just the two of us,"

Third person-

Things are looking great for y/n and Lizzie as they go on adventures together care free living life together. Little do they know, they're perfect little bubble is about to expand and be well, not so perfect...
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hey everyone!! Just a cute little fluff chapter before things take a turn...

Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!