Epilogue: Jiraya the Toad Sage

Kiyomi POV

"Kurenai-sensei! Nothing happened between me and Shisui!" I tried to cover my blush.

"Oh then why have you both been ignoring each other?" She questioned.

"Uh that's because..." I stuttered. Well we were too shy after we both confessed....

"Aw come on tell me Kiyomi-chan." Kurenai pressed. "Say what if we had a girl's day at the hot springs with our other friends?"

I haven't really gone to a spa before." I admitted.

"Don't worry Kiyomi-chan! We will have lots of fun!" Kurenai proclaimed as our other friends nodded in agreement.

When I finally soaked myself in the hot water, I let out a sigh of relief. It felt so goooood.

A while later there was a commotion outside the walls of the spa, and a man could be heard shouting in pain.

"I'll go check it out Kurenai-sensei." I told her and I got dressed.

I went outside the bathhouse to see a man with spiky white hair and red marking on his face rubbing his head in pain, and an angry owner. I sighed, of course it was Jiraya.

"Mister, you shouldn't be peeking into bathhouses ya know." my eye twitched.

"No it's for my research. They just don't understand the effort I have to put in to write a good quality book." He whined. Right, that kind of research -_-

Then he studied me closely. "Not bad, I could use you for inspiration." he grinned.

"Pervert!" I yelled and hit him, causing his bump on his head to grow larger

"Pervert!" I yelled and hit him, causing his bump on his head to grow larger. "I'm only 17."

The owner of the bathhouse heard the ruckus and came out to chase us away, throwing a pair of binoculars at Jiraya.

"Why am I involved in this too?" I groaned, and we hid in a forest clearing.

"So young lady, what's your name?" Jiraya asked.

"Kiyomi Yuki. Nice to meet ya." I said.

"I'm Jiraya, the Toad Sage!" he got into his signature pose.

"Jiraya, that name sounds familiar." I pretended to be deep in thought. "Ah you are one of the Legendary Sannin!"

"Of course I am! Everyone fears my awesome jutsus!" He pointed proudly to himself.

"By everyone do you mean just you?" I teased.

"Hey hey that's not nice. You've got to respect your elders." he rebuked.

"Fine fine you're right. Your research is for Icha Icha right? My sensei loves those books." I told him.

"The one and only Icha Icha. Here, I'll give you a copy of my newest edition for free, since you seem to be one of my fans." he pulled out a book and handed it to me.

"I'm sure my sensei will love it." I thanked him. "Anyways I've been wanting to ask. I've heard that you are traveling the world, but seeing as you are one of the Legendary Sannin, would I be right to guess that the trip is probably a disguise for a recon mission?" I questioned. If I could get Jiraya to trust me I could learn more about the Akatsuki and eventually change his fate. I also wanted to learn funijutsu from him.

"You've got intuition girl. That's right. I am working on a spy network for the Hokage." he confirmed and leaned back against a tree.

"Let me be part of your spy network then! I'm an Anbu so you can trust me." I tried to persuade him.

"Alright kid I trust you. I'll give you the details later." he agreed. She must be the Yuki girl the Hokage told me about. She would be a great addition to the spy network Jiraya thought.

"Yes thank you! I'll do my best Jiraya-sama." I said happily.

"But on one condition. I want you to proofread my latest draft of Icha Icha." he continued.

Seriously that is so like Jiraya. "I wouldn't be the right person for that Jiraya-sama. I've never read the series before." I tried to make excuses but inwardly I was happy I could finally read Icha Icha.

"Then it's the perfect time to read all of it." he declared and placed a heavy stack of books/papers in my hand. I struggled under its weight. 

I read the first few lines of the topmost book and turned several shades of red. I'm never ever reading Icha Icha again. Jiraya...grr... no wonder Tsunade gets angry at you often! At least Shisui didn't see me with the book this time...

*****************

"Where are the scrolls you retrieved from the Root headquarters?" Jiraya asked.

I looked up from the pile of scrolls I was reading in our secret meeting place and found the scrolls for him. After I got to know Jiraya more, I was actually surprised by his character. One second he's a pervert, and in the next he's a kage-level shinobi.

"Here they are. Lord Hokage and the elders are planning to put in a safe place soon." I said.

"Don't worry I got permission. I'll return it soon. Have you finished reading though the information I gave you?" He questioned.

"I did.... it's an impressive amount of info. The information about Orochimaru from Danzo's scrolls now makes more sense after reading yours." I noted. The anime didn't reveal everything about Orochimaru... and for good reason.

"Orochimaru..." Jiraya trailed off. "Anyways I have to leave the village soon, but I want you to investigate a criminal organization that has become active lately. There have been reports of men in red and black coats collecting bounty all over the villages. Here is a map of the known meeting places for bounty hunters." He pulled out a piece of paper.

"Alright I'll send you the info through one of your toads after I visit those places." I told Jiraya.

I stared out the window. Jiraya wants me to investigate the Akatsuki already? I am still in the pre-canon time, so I have a few years before the actual Naruto timeline starts. Well I don't know if I will be strong enough to take on the Akatsuki and all the other villains, but ready or not here I come! I won't give up that easily. As Naruto would say, that's my ninja way!