Chapter 11: Mission Gone Wrong Part III

Kakashi POV

The Daimyo escort is fine so far, but this mission seems to be a little too easy. Otherwise, why would we need Anbu?

An orange blur interrupted me from my thoughts, and everything started to feel so calm...perfect for a nap... its a strong genjutsu! I turned on my Sharingan and dispelled the genjutsu. The other Anbu were still under its influence. Hmm whoever cast the genjutsu is no ordinary ninja. I even needed my Sharingan to counter it. I must hurry, the others could be in trouble.

It took a while to release all the Anbu from the genjutsu, and then we quickly went to the escort, only to see remnants of a battle

It took a while to release all the Anbu from the genjutsu, and then we quickly went to the escort, only to see remnants of a battle. Kunai and evidence of ice release were present. Two genin boys were kneeling next to their fallen teammates. One girl had a pool of blood around her. My eyes widened...is that Kiyomi!

I rushed over to her side and saw that she had a deep stab wound through her shoulder. Please let my student be alive... she stood her ground defending everyone didn't she. I felt her pulse, and it was barely present. I immediately called for a medic. The other Anbu released the other guards from the genjutsu and the Daimyo shrieked when he woke up.

"Are you alright?" I shook the poor boy that I recognized as Itachi. "What happened? Sorry we were late, we were also hit with the genjutsu." I said.

"Kakashi Hatake" the boy hoarsely said.

My eyes widened, "How do you know that name?" I asked." But Itachi was in clear shock from the events so he did not reply but he never left Kiyomi's side as we took them back to Konoha.

Kiyomi 

Beep...beep...beep I recognized the sound of a monitor. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a Konoha hospital room.

"Kiyomi! You are awake! I'm so glad you are okay!" Shisui hugged me. I managed a weak smile. I was truly glad to be back in Konoha. 

"What happened?"I asked groggily.

Before Shisui could tell me, Mikoto came in with Sasuke saying, "Now now Shisui, give her some space. Remember the nurse said she has stitches on her shoulder and broken ribs." He let go of me sheepishly, and then Mikoto said, "I hope you recover soon Kiyomi, thank you for protecting Itachi and his teammates."

"Is Itachi okay?" I wanted to know. I winced in pain as I tried to move.

"Yeah Kiyomi, he's fine he's in the room next door. He should be released soon, but please talk to him. He doesn't want to eat or do anything... everyone else is safe." Shisui smiled and helped me get comfortable on my bed again.

Whew I was glad, I would make sure to visit Itachi later. They kept me company for a little while before they had to leave. Sasuke with a tint of pink on his cheeks even gave me a whole bouquet of flowers. Shisui got me violets, my favorite flowers, but aww he was so shy. Other people I knew like Tenma also came to visit.

*******

Itachi slowly opened the door to my room. "Kiyomi-neechan" he said. I motioned for him to come forward and he hugged me.

"It's alright Itachi. It must be your first time seeing someone close to you almost die. But unfortunately it is part of shinobi life..." I rubbed his back.

"Thanks neechan" he said. "But don't put yourself in that situation again. I-I awakened my Sharingan because of that. He won't beat us next time" he said determinedly.

I was so touched. I didn't think he would care for me like that.

*******

Then Lord Hokage and Kakashi-sensei came and wanted me to recall the events. I couldn't straight out tell them about Obito, so I just said that our attacker had an orange mask and could do space-time ninjutsu. I felt guilty withholding the other information, but I shouldn't mess up the plot... I was conflicted. Am I responsible for all the deaths I could prevent...

"He also knew that I was from the Yuki Clan." I told them, "If it's possible I want to learn more about my clan as well." My last name has always been Ackerman, and I know I am not adopted. Maybe things just worked differently here?

After chatting for a while, Lord Hokage patted my head and left, saying he would find some scrolls on the Yuki clan's jutsus for me. Score :D

As Kakashi-Sensei started to leave I begged him to help me escape from the hospital. "I don't like hospitals Sensei!" I used my puppy eyes.

Well, I ended up staying in the hospital because an angry nurse overheard me and made me get back to bed since I had multiple injuries

Well, I ended up staying in the hospital because an angry nurse overheard me and made me get back to bed since I had multiple injuries. Sigh... I guess she's right but I am scared of getting shots more than Obito right now. I closed my eyes and got some sleep...