Chapter 16: Danzo and the Chunin Exams (Flashback Part V)

Kakashi POV

When the village alarm blared, Shisui and I assembled in front of the Hokage with the other Anbu. "There has been an attempted kidnapping of Hinata Hyuga. I want all Anbu to the Hyuga Compound now!" The Hokage commanded.

As we entered the compound, I saw Kiyomi strike a Kumogakure ninja with her ice release and rescuing Hinata before she backed into a wall and fainted. What was she doing here?!

We apprehended the Kumogakure ninja, who readily agreed to a treaty between the two villages the next day before he left. Without Kiyomi's efforts, things could have gone downhill quite easily.

Danzo POV

I looked at the girl lying on the hospital bed under the white sheets, breathing heavily though her oxygen mask. Multiple IV bags were hooked to her arm, and her Anbu guards lay strewn on the floor. You will be in my hands soon enough little girl.

 You will be in my hands soon enough little girl

"Step away from her Danzo." Kakashi ordered as he charged into the room with Hiruzen.

"Well, well. We meet again Kakashi Hatake. What's the rush? I have absolutely no intention of hurting her." I drawled, brushing Kiyomi's hair.

"Enough Danzo. You won't be recruiting her into Root. When she is ready to become Anbu she will work directly under me, and me only. Leave her alone. I know what happened in the forest. I've already overlooked many of your misdeeds Danzo." Hiruzen threatened.

My anger flared and I walked away without a word. I scowled. That old incompetent fool. Just you wait Kiyomi. I'll make you come to me willingly.

Kiyomi POV

I was so nervous when the Hokage called me to his office after I recovered. Certainly, I was glad to hear that an international incident was avoided since the Kumogakure ninja wasn't killed, but I had to give quite a lengthy explanation as to why I was there that night. I even missed the last part of the chunin exams! Well I probably will have to retake the exam.....on the bright side the Hyugas were grateful I saved their princess.

But guess what happened next! Lord Hokage said, "Due to your honorary efforts, the council and I have decided to award you the title of chunin!" Then he handed me a chunin vest and certificate. I was so thrilled! Apparently I demonstrated enough skill even though I didn't take the last part of the chunin exams.

 I was so thrilled! Apparently I demonstrated enough skill even though I didn't take the last part of the chunin exams

And that is how I became chunin before the Daimyo escort mission. Sweet right?