Chapter 10 - A new life

Izuku POV

I was swimming in the darkness just a moment ago, I then heard the cry, the crying of my little sister.

I swam to the noise, and then I woke up.

I couldn't stop my smile, we finally did it. We finally escaped.

After some time, Eri sat on my lap. The door opened with... Principal Nezu!?!

"Hello, young man! I am-" I unconsciously interrupted him. "Principal Nezu! The principal of the prestigious UA High!" adrift of silence passed before I realized what I did.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I just..."

"Don't worry! I find it quite interesting that you know me! But that's not the main issue of today," the principal replied.

"As far as I know... you are orphans?" he asked, looking at me. I knew he was waiting for me, so I hugged Eri just a bit more to make sure she knows I'm here, "Yes, my mother is deceased and my father abandoned me, Eri was also abandoned by her mother."

Eri flinched, I knew she didn't like talking about her family.

"Well, we have decided to take you in," the principal said. I opened my eyes in shock, "You... what?"

"We have decided to put you under UA high's roof, with an education of course."

I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I WAS HEARING

"Y-You would adopt us?"

"Yes! While Aizawa will be your legal guardian... You would train your quirks and learn at UA."

I started to break down in tears. Not only was Eri saved, but she would also get into UA? This was the best thing I could hope for, no, even better.

"Thank you Nezu... I couldn't thank you enough."

Timeskip a few days to some isolated dorms from the student ones

"Woo... These are just dorms?" I asked as I looked at Nezu. "Why yes! You will be living here while training your quirks to control them better," he responded.

"You see all of this Eri?" I turned to her, "Mmh-hm!" She looked as excited as I was. "Before I leave you to explore, there is one more thing..." Nezu said and handed us some papers.

"You see... I am unaware of your education before your kidnappings, so I would just need you to fill this out for me. Oh, I haven't asked! Is Eri illiterate?" Nezu asked.

"She used to, I taught her to read and write," I responded. "Great job! I will need these done before tomorrow, is that alright?" I nodded in response. He then turned around and left us.

We started exploring. The building was about the size of a normal apartment, we had one room with another being closed off due to it still being in construction.

We went to the living room and jumped on the couches, they were soooo comfy~

"Enjoying yourselves?"

I jumped at the voice, Aizawa was right behind me. "Wah! Don't do that again! Also, why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm your guardian, I'm just checking up on you. I'm also cooking lunch, go do your tests," he responded, and headed to the kitchen.

I'm a bit stunned by how blunt he was, but he did look very tired.

"Brother, what's a test?" Eri told me as she jumped off the couch. "A test is a way of knowing how you think. In this case, it's to see how you answer questions," I responded and put the papers on the table nearby.

"Is it math?" she responded with a gleam in her eyes. I taught Eri math with a lot of passion since she was 5. If there was one thing that Eri would do well in if we escaped that hell, I thought it should be math. So I taught her all I could before it took too much breath to do it anyways.

"There will be math in it for sure, but there are also other questions like what someone should do in a situation," I responded. Eri nodded in excitement, she was ready for this.

I put the papers down on the table and we got to work.

Aizawa POV

Cooking a proper lunch is hard.

I had to follow some instructions, but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Class 1-A are such problem children, they keep pestering me and Ochaco about the raid. I guess they all feel left out, apart from Bakugo, who's just himself.

It starts to get a bit out of hand ever since Mirio joined in, along with the big three. He kept appearing through walls just to ask me if Eri was okay. I guess he was really angry. He had to stay in bed while she was in Izuku's room at the hospital. I had to promise him and the rest of the three a week or else he was going to get annoying.

(Mirio didn't lose his quirk in the raid, he just suffered some head trauma)

"Done!" I heard 2 voices behind me. "That's pretty fast, are you sure you didn't mess up?" I asked, no one I knew was ever confident at that test. "We did our best!" Eri responded and put the tests away on the coffee table.

"That smells good..." Izuku said. "It's lunch, now sit down, I'll serve you," I responded and grabbed the rice bowls.

Watching them eat is mysteriously nice, maybe it's because I can barely grasp what they went through, maybe it's because I can still hardly understand how Iuku is moving with his condition, maybe it's just the way they smile as they are eating. I just find them to be such catalysts for positivity.