Chapter 9 - Wake up

Aizawa POV

"Beginning from the top, he has Bloodshot eyes, which can be seen from the prominent veins on them, caused by a lack of oxygen brought to the eyes. Then we can see the scars on his face, all being marked as knife wounds. Furthermore, his neck was found to have 2 neck fractures in the cervical vertebrae, caused by high-energy trauma, such as car crashes. Then we have- Sir are you ok?" the doctor stopped.

I just realized how badly I was shaking, what did this kid go through?

"I'm sorry but did you say his injuries came from lack of oxygen and trauma comparable to c-car crashes?" I asked with fear. "So far yes, whatever happened to him is worse than torture as I see it," the doctor replied while looking through the glass at the kid's body.

"M-move on then," I replied as I couldn't bear to imagine what else happened to him.

"Looking at previous records, his eyes have lost color along the edges, which is an unknown phenomenon to us," he then showed me pictures. There it was, it was like darkness was consuming his vision. "Looking at this X-ray, you can see that his throat expanded unnaturally, or by force, as it's far too large on the left side. There are also signs that he was heavily deprived of oxygen in general, however, his lungs are healthy, therefore we believe it was somehow being used up." I kept losing my heart on the inside every time he said something else.

"The rest of his body is mostly the same, with knife wounds and bash wounds. The worst-case being right before his hands, where the mark could come from being tied to a chair for years," the doctor paused for a bit. I knew that he was shaking at the next thing as well, "the last thing, which is the most prominent injury across his body... are cauterizations," he said.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked in disbelief. "The black marks come from this, whatever happened, the deepest wounds were burned shut. There are also signs that this was done unprofessionally, with his listed quirk, it might be that he performed cauterizations on himself to stay alive," I shuddered at the thought.

The doctor then left the room leaving the results of the checkup in my hands, "I am... who is this kid!?" I said out loud.

At that moment, the door opened and another doctor came in carrying a girl. "Hello I'm a medical assistant, I assume you're done with the checkup?" he said.

"The revelation that this kid's condition is just under a corpse? Yeah, that's done," I said unconsciously. "Good, well I leave her with you, she insisted on seeing him," the assistant replied and left.

There was some silence as Eri looked through the glass at the kid.

"I-Is Izuku okay?" said Eri as she turned to me. "Barely, I can't fathom what he has gone through," I replied.

She then started to look down at the floor in sadness, I then realized what I just said, "Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" "It's fine," replied Eri.

"I don't even know what happened to him," she said. It piqued my interest. "Eri, *ahem,* Do you think you could tell me a bit about what happened to you all?"

Silence, deafening silence.

"Okay..." she said and sat down on one of the chairs I joined in.

"I was taken to him when I was 4, that's when I met Izuku, I've only known him for 2 years." she started. Since Eri was 6..., this means Izuku had to be there for 6 years!?!

"I think he told me that he was here for 5 years," this made me want to kill someone, he's been in there for 7 years!

"I love my brother, and I hate that he suffered so much. He was cut so much, he was kicked so much! He was suffocated so much!" I noticed she started to get really angry at herself, so I calmed her down before continuing.

"He coughed a lot, and I don't know why... He was the only thing warm in that dark dark place," she then suddenly stopped.

"Can I see him?" she asked. "You can, but you have to be quiet," I responded and we both went inside the room.

His body seemed lifeless, yet he was still alive. The wounds were awful, and he was 14 years old. He should now be in school, talking to friends, enjoying life! Not suffering so much.

"Brother..." Eri held his hand. "P-Please, please wake up..." she was getting watery eyes.

I tried to comfort her but someone beat me to it, "Eri... Are you... safe...?" his voice was screaming in pain.

"Brother! You're alive! I was so scared..." she was smiling again, what an innocent smile.

'Who is this guy... His body is beyond wounded... it's like his willpower woke him up' I thought in disbelief as Izuku let out a painless smile as he hugged Eri.

This was a sight to see, even if they were tortured, they smile as they looked at each other.