Thirteen

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I didn't even notice the symbol until Harumi let out a yell behind me. I stared at the Sons of Garmadon symbol, blinking as my arm fell. I felt frozen as I studied the paint- though it was beginning to wear away. The smile on Garmadon's face sent chills up my spine as I stepped away, only to run into Lloyd. 

"The Sons of Garmadon insignia." Lloyd breathed out as he looked at it with me. 

"What's it doing all the way out here, though?" I asked as I studied what the symbol was painted on. It was a boat, a small one, but no one was with it. Odd, considering if this did belong to the Sons of Garmadon, it wouldn't make sense for them to abandon it in the middle of Primeval's Eye. Lloyd gave a shrug to my question, then walked towards the boat. I watched as he lifted himself up over the side. Once he was standing, he turned back to me, holding out a hand. I quickly took it, murmuring my thanks once my feet touched the wood of the boat. 

"Is anyone there?" Harumi questioned, her voice pitched in hesitance as she watched Lloyd and me. I peeked around the small space, shaking my head. 

"No one. It looks like it's abandoned. I just can't figure out why." I replied. My answer seemed to be enough for Harumi to let Lloyd help her onto the boat as I walked into the small hutch. Cob webs were everywhere, as well as a heavy layering of dust. I walked towards the table in here, brushing the dust off. Underneath was the same map Lloyd had in his hold. I frowned at it, tracing my finger over the different lines. 

"The same map?" Lloyd murmured. I nodded, confused by it. The pieces were beginning to come together for why the Sons of Garmadon had a boat out here, but not why they had left it. With how adamant they've been on getting the other masks, it didn't make sense for them to suddenly stop trying to find this one. 

"I thought no one knew where the Oni Temple was located." Harumi said as she looked over my other shoulder. 

"So why are there two maps?" Lloyd asked, finishing off of Harumi's unsaid thoughts. 

"The Quiet One must've sent an expedition before all of this, judging by the looks of the boat. I just can't figure out what they ran into that made them stop. What happened to them?" I told them, squinting at this map. 

"Maybe we'll have better luck." Harumi spoke as she lifted a set of keys from the corner of the table. 

"One would hope so." I replied, gently taking the keys from her and heading to the wheel of the boat. I inserted them into the ignition, then turned the key. The engine turned over, only sputtering for a moment before it came to life. The boat jumped forward, and Harumi let out a laugh of surprise from behind me. I smiled, grabbing onto the wheel. 

"I'm beginning to think we are good luck together." Lloyd said from beside me. I scoffed. 

"I don't know Greenie, we did almost die at least three times to get to this point." I shot back. Lloyd shook his head, nudging my shoulder before he bent down, grabbing a makeshift depth measuring stick. 

"I'll help direct you." Lloyd informed me, then he moved to the front of the boat. I watched as he put the stick into the water. For a moment he said nothing as I kept the boat steady, staying towards the center of the river. Harumi sat down beside the wheel, not saying much as Lloyd began directing me where to go. Soon, we came to a more slow and shaded part of the river. 

"Five feet. That's okay." Lloyd said to himself as we puttered along. "A little left. More rocks." I gently turned the wheel as he directed. "Not too fast. It's pretty shallow around here." I huffed, shaking my head as I waited for his next direction. "That's good. Keep her steady." Lloyd praised and I smiled.