Four

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

The ground rumbled with a fourth round of explosions as we exited the tunnel. Now, we were in front of the Palace. I barely got a glimpse of how the building looked behind me, slowly crumbling in on itself. Lloyd kicked someone off of their motorcycle, then swung it through the air to face away from the Palace.

"Get on!" Lloyd commanded to me and Harumi. Harumi grabbed a fallen helmet, climbing on behind Lloyd. I stared at him for a moment, dumbfounded as I held the staff close to me. I had never been on a motorcycle before.

Lloyd huffed, tugging me forward and sitting me in front of him. "Hang on!" Lloyd yelled out, barely giving me any time to cling onto his gi as his mask was flipped over his head, then he sped off. 

My hair whipped around my face as Lloyd drove from the castle. I wished for a second that I had the time to pull my hair back back as Lloyd merged onto the road, or that I hadn't pulled it out of the bun it was in earlier. But I couldn't change either thing, so I found myself curling further into Lloyd. Behind us, I could hear the yells of the Sons of Garmadon gang that chose to chase after us, as we still had the mask, which I assumed Harumi was holding to, as neither Lloyd or I was. 

"They're right behind us!" Harumi cried out over the wind. Lloyd gave a nod, looking over his shoulder and speeding up the motorcycle. I yelped as Lloyd swerved around different cars, tilting the bike each time he did. Another scream was let out, sounding like Ultra Violet. How she got out of the ice so quickly, I had no clue, but I wouldn't doubt her chasing us. Following her yell, I heard the sound of crashing cars and smelled burning of rubber as other cars skid to a stop. 

"Hold on." Lloyd called out again and I huffed, though he wouldn't have heard it. 

"You have any different advice?" I retorted, but Lloyd didn't reply as the bike moved in front of one of the trucks on the road. He pressed a button, turning the headlight off as he slowed down the bike, moving it to fall into place beside the truck. The other bikers zoomed by, not noticing yet that we were gone. 

Lloyd stopped the motorcycle as they bikers left our sight, and I jolted back into him. Swiftly, the headlights came back on, then Lloyd turned onto another road. I scrunched my face as Lloyd picked up speed again, making the wind blow into my face. I had to turn it towards him as he slowly moved around another car. 

"Heh heh. Lost 'em." Lloyd commented, sounding smug. I gave a little nod, showing I acknowledged what he said. I inhaled in as I sat there, and froze. I smelled something like when you first stepped out into the rain, or when I'd sit by the pond in the Palace garden with all of the flowers. There were hints of mint laced into the smell of nature, and for a moment I was reminded of the comfort of the Palace. 

The thought was peaceful, but fleeting as I heard the tumbling of a car and crunch of metal, jolting me from my thoughts and making me look forward in surprise. There, Ultra Violet faced us. Her engine revved as she sped towards us through the traffic. 

"Her again?" Lloyd complained as she took out her sai, raising it in the air. Lloyd reached back, grabbing his sword and holding it out across me. I stared at the blade with wide eyes, then back to Ultra Violet, who was now dragging her sai along the ground. 

"You wanted different advice? Keep your head down." Lloyd commanded, and I obliged immediately. I ducked my head back into his gi and clenched my eyes shut. Oh, my God. This is where I die.

But I didn't. I heard the clashing of metal on metal as I felt Lloyd shift his arm, hitting his sword against the sai, then the bike was skidding away. Lloyd was quick to redirect it, turning it the other way to face her again. My knees knocked together in the movement, but I didn't make a sound. My throat was dry as I peeked my eyes open to see Ultra Violet was facing us again, her sai raised. From behind Lloyd, I hear Harumi let out a gasp, and I had half the mind to ask what was wrong before I saw it myself. The mask was on the road in between the two bikes. It must've fallen when we crossed each other in the middle.