Two

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

"While you are in our service, you have full access to the complimentary royal buffet. Anything you want is at your disposal- exotic fruits, assorted vegetables, scones-" Hutchins explained as we passed by said buffet in one of the last hallways of our tour. 

"And the cake. The cake is amazing. And once you eat it all, someone replaces it with more within the hour." I spoke up, feeling less embarrassed about speaking now I was out of the eyes of my parents. Hutchins was here, yes, but he tended to allow me to be less formal in his presence if I didn't need to be. 

"Uh, thank you, Princess, but I gave up sweets. My body is a temple." Cole said, giving me a glance over his shoulder. I was beside Lloyd, hoping I wasn't so close he was uncomfortable. 

"Ever since Master Wu went missing, Cole has been a real party pooper." Jay told me with a roll of his eyes. Hutchins paused in the hall, not looking back, but I could tell he was a little annoyed. I, on the otherhand, was humored by it. 

"Party pooper?" Zane asked and Jay nodded, looking back. 

"I'll explain later." Jay whispered to Zane, then faced Hutchins again. 

"The Palace is equipped with secret passages to get anywhere fast." Hutchins continued on, leading us down the hall again. 

"Ah, so that's why they call it the Palace of Secrets." Kai noted out loud as he looked around. He squinted his eyes as he searched our surroundings, as if he'd find a door that way. 

"Yes, but as to the locations of these secret passages, only the royal family knows." Hutchins said, turning to face the Ninja. 

"So, like, Princess (y/n) knows?" Kai questioned as he stopped looking around us.  I nodded. 

"Yes, but I can't tell unless you're my best friend, so you better step it up if you want to know." I joked with a smile. Kai's face dropped, then he huffed. 

"No. I think I can figure it out on my own. Lloyd might be interested though." Kai said smugly. Lloyd sent him an embarrassed glare, not saying anything as Kai searched over one of the bookshelves. He began to pull books out at random, and when a door didn't open, he threw the book back at the rest of us. Little did he know, that hidden passage was three bookcases over. 

We all watched as Kai threw back books, his aim reckless as he tossed them back. One of the times, Lloyd had to reach a hand across, barely catching the book before it nailed me in the head. 

"Kai, be careful!" Lloyd scolded. Kai ignored him, still grabbing books. I heard Hutchins sigh, clearly losing his patience. Cole let out a nervous laugh

"We'll clean up after ourselves." Cole assured, scratching the back of his head as he stared at the growing pile of books Kai was creating. Hutchins simply shook his head, walking a little ways a way, but not too far as I began helping Zane put the books back. 

"You need not to help, Princess. This is not your mess." I shrugged in reply at Zane as he slid eight books perfectly into place. The other ninja were huddled, whispering about something.

"I don't mind. This gives me something else to do than sit in my room." I replied, finishing up with the last three books, then we were moving again. 

"And finally, the reason for your protection-" Hutchins began as we came to the final hall. "The Mask of Deception." Hutchins turned and gestured to the only glass case in the room. I paused by the doorway as the Ninja filtered in. We've had the mask for as long as we could remember, and it had always freaked me out. It wasn't just the creepy face, the mold of it to follow the shape of horns, or even the harshly painted smile on it. There was something else too, the way the mask seemed to call out for me, whispering for me to simply put it on, at least once.