Its The Goodbye Of The State Champ

Start bij het begin

The gym in the silence now without my music, I stood up with a smile on my face and looked at Wes.

To finish off the routine I saluted and began walked towards Wes and he began walking towards me. Meeting in the middle of the floor he high five me with a smile, chalk flying off of my hands as we high fived.

Without say a word Wes just nodded his head, looking proud and impressed. Without warning he engulfed me in a tight hug. His muscular arms wrapping tightly around my back and I buried my head in his shoulder.

A small tear escaped out of my eye as we hugged. Something in my body needed this, was craving this. The approval of someone about my gymnastics routine after I had only had people critique it for years.

"That was amazing, I'm so proud of you." Wes said like I had just won states or some competition.

He let go of me and looked at me, his dark brown eye staring straight into my blue eyes.

"I promised you a show." I stated snarkly

Wes just laughed and rolled his eyes.

"No, I won the show far and square, you're the one who messed up that slap shot." Wes stated looking down at me with a joking smirk.

"You want me to show you my real slap shot?" I said with a devilish smirk looking straight back at him

I watched as Wes looked me up and down for a quick second before shaking his head.

"Not preferably in the middle of the gym where everyone can see us." Wes said

My face flushed red, I had completely forgotten about everyone else in the gym.

I averted my eye slight to the ground and Wes let out a loud chuckle.

"Come on let get going Leah." He said still laughing

I nodded my head in agreement. Together we walked off of the floor and I grabbed my bag. Quickly changing in the lockeroom into sweats and a Rogersville school t-shirt.

"Can we get food?" I asked as we began to walk towards the door.

"I was planning on it." Wes said nodding his head observing the gym one last time as we got closer to the door.

I took a moment and looked at it too. Standing next to the exit door I just stared at the gym.

Last time I left, I left in such I rush I didn't even look back. I was too worried I would be forced onto the floor or that Brad would hit me. I never even got a chance to empty out my locker.

But now, I stood here and looked at the gym one last time. Knowing completely and honestly this would be the last time I saw it.

I took one last breath, smelling the sweat and chalk in the air. Hearing the sounds of shouting and people tumbling, spring boards bouncing and the creaks from the trampolines.

This place had been my entire life sense I was 7 years old, this smell, these noises. I let out a small smile as I looked at it all.

Even if I could call it home, it doesn't mean that home isn't toxic.

I looked away from the gym and looked at Wes.

His dark brown hair matching his eyes, his jaw line sharp enough it could probably cut paper.

Their were other gymnastics gyms, but in my heart I knew that I didn't want to return.

Putting my hand on the door handle, I waved goodbye to the receptionist one last time and pushed open the door. Stepping outside into the fresh air with Wes right beside me.