Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Such a child" Nico remarks, as he moved the food onto the counter making it almost look like a self serve buffet.

"How did you all sleep?" I ask taking a mug out of the cabinet, and helping myself to the Keurig.

"I slept well, though it sounded like Adrian wasn't in a good mood today" Kate says looking at me.

"He might be I cock blocked them" Riley says smirking slightly.

"You also all but fucking kicked the door in" I seethe.

"I don't want to know what was going on in that bedroom" Kate mutters wiping her hands with a towel.

"Niles hai fottutamente rotto la cerniera alla porta della mia camera da letto!" we all hear from downstairs.

"Anyone speak angry Italian?" Hunter asks looking around at us, with a slightly petrified look even though it was Riley's last name that was called out.

"Riley broke the door hinge when he opened your bedroom door Olivia" Nico says looking up from his copy of Fantastic Beasts.

"When did you learn Italian?" Kate asks shooting her boyfriend a puzzled look.

"I didn't but I can see the bedroom door and it's open and not closing" he replies nonchalantly.

A moment later Adrian walked out fully dressed with a harsh look on his face, and I knew that this wasn't about to end well.

"Riley want to tell my why you broke my door?" Adrian asks his voice as smooth as ice, and just as cool.

"I didn't mean to" Riley says taking a step behind the couch in the event that Adrian tried to get his hands on him.

He then hummed back acknowledgement before sticking his hands in his pockets and staring across the room. "You're going to fix my door and it will done correctly or I might have to think of something to do to you".

Riley swallowed hard, the fear at what Adrian could possibly do evident on his face.

"Where are the tools?".

"Garage, you will need a drill, a phillips bit, door hinges they're in the fourth drawer down on the left side, the panels on the back of the garage are magnetic spring that's where I keep my tools" Adrian says, and we all watch Riley quickly walk to the garage, to go get what he would need.

"This is a different kind of walk of shame" Hunter remarks.

"You would know" Mia says and we all laugh while Adrian, and Nico being the non-blood brothers they were simply cracked amused smiles.

"That's been behind me for a long time" Hunter defends shaking his head.

"He can design a slender skyrise but can't figure out how to make his past disappear" Adrian muses walking into the kitchen to get coffee.

"That's rich coming from you, you still haven't escaped being called New York's devil" he shot back at Adrian who still wore a sly smirk.

"I embraced it though, Ambrose, it's who I am" Adrian says, reaching behind him and pulling out his handgun and setting it on the counter with the magazine next to it.

"You carried that out here" Kate asks wide eyed.

"My security patrol my compound at night with automatics Kate, this is nothing, also yes, because I know for a fact whoever is behind the attempted attack on my life and put Olivia at risk is still out there" Adrian says.

"Why was it on you?" I ask eyeing him from a corner seat in the living room.

"Habit" he replies, "it's not really necessary though".

"Doesn't it have to be in a gun safe" Hunter queries gesturing to it.

"Yes, when not being carried, and it has it's place, in my house" Adrian says, and we both know that that place is his desk drawer which also happens to be bolted to the ground in a military grade titanium desk drawer that would literally have the frame of the desk be melted to get into if you weren't him, or me. I recently had my biometrics put on the scanner.

"Only you would do something like that" Ava says.

"Yes he would" I agree.

"Alright then" Adrian sighs walking upstairs and supposedly puts his gun away before coming downstairs to where I sat and set down his coffee before picking me up and taking the chair before setting me back down on his lap.

"You two are cute" Mia muses.

"She has a point mate you two are all but glued together" Nico says, as Riley walks back in carrying what he needed.

"If I could be conjoined with her I would" Adrian says.

"Whipped" Hunter coughs, before both me and Adrian glare at him.

"Trust me this man couldn't be whipped for anyone" I say looking over at Adrian, who's expression was taken over by a soft smile that made my heart feel like it was melting.

"I can certainly love you till my last breath though" Adrian adds, making me blush, and simultaneously not have the ability to think of a response to what he just said. "Speechless bellissima?" he muses.

"For once" I reply resting my head against his.

"What's the plan for today after breakfast and when Riley finishes fixing the door to Adrian and Olivia's bedroom?".

"It's supposed to rain today so not something outside" Nico says looking up from the book he held.

"Movie marathon" Ava suggests.

"I second that" Riley calls from upstairs.

"Someone pick a series" Adrian says as he begins to play with a piece of my hair curling it with his long nimble fingers braiding pieces then unbraiding them.

Nico then reaches over for the remote and turns on the TV before searching for something that we'd all enjoy watching on Netflix.

Yes we all have time for it regardless of how busy our jobs were.

"Riley hurry the fuck up" Ava calls as she goes and gets her plate for breakfast something, which both me and Adrian seemed to have forgotten about because he carried me over to the counter, so that we could decide what to have for breakfast.

"I take it Ava is the one who runs the house Riley" Hunter says.

"Who else would baby him" Ava replies with a smile as Riley reaches the bottom of the stairs, and flipping Hunter off.

"How are you easily holding her up with one arm?" Riley asks looking at me and Adrian with a shocked expression.

"The same reason I can throw both you and Hunter" Adrian replies bluntly without looking back at his friend, before picking up his plate and carrying it and me back to the chair we had both occupied, to start the movie that Nico had picked.

There's the first day sort of even though they didn't do much, next chapter will be more interesting in terms of what they all do this was just supposed to be a bit of a chill chapter, also comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace