(12) Big Changes

Începe de la început

"We can adjust to that," Vee softly grinned.

"I'm happy to hear. Then, that is all I have to say. You're more than welcome to stay."

"Thank you again Alador. You are an amazing friend and king," Eda commented.

"Thank you Edalyn. I hope to remain that way when I'm eighty years old."

"Oh you will," both Alador and my mom laughed together.

"Alright then, I will be off."

"Excuse me Alador. I have something to ask," I stopped the king before he left. He turned around to face me.

"Yes Luz?"

"Is it okay if I stay in Amity's room? I know I have to ask her, but I wanted to make sure that you're okay with it."

"You two are together, so I don't see the problem with it. Just as long as you keep the noise down when...you know," Alador teased and smirked.

I blushed immediately and panicked, "Oh don't worry! We won't do such a thing like that."

"Haha, I'm kidding around Luz. You and my daughter can do whatever you wish together. I know she'll have an amazing time by your side."

"I hope so. But uh, thank you for letting Amity and I be together. I never thought I would be with someone as wonderful as her."

"I'm glad she's with you. You're really sweet and thoughtful and that's someone who Amity needs to be around with. Also, you are not somebody who would be with my daughter just to become royalty or steal our money. I trust you with all my heart whenever you're there with Amity. So thank you Luz," Alador gave me a quick hug before patting my left shoulder and leaving. My family approached me from behind.

"I have something to tell you guys," I stated.

"What is it mija?"

"I'm dating Princess Amity. I asked her to be my girlfriend," I twirled around to see my family's reaction. Their reactions were the same. Wide eyes, jaws dropped, and shocked faces.

"You're kidding," Eda mouthed.

"Nope," I gave a short response.

"That's incredible cariño! I'm super happy for you," my mother came crashing into me with a hug.

"Dang Luz. You managed to pull this off. I'm proud and happy as well for you sis," Vee beamed.

"Thanks Vee."

"Woohoo! That's my kid! Ahh, I'm very delighted that you were able to muster up your feelings and ask Amity to be your girlfriend. I wish you both happiness," Eda ruffled my hair.

"Thanks guys. I wouldn't have done it without your advice. I'd be a mess."

"As long as you're being genuine and yourself, you're capable of making Amity happy and feel loved. Just like your mother and I."

"Don't worry. I'm always myself with other people. I just need to find out what to do next. I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own."

"You will Luz. Now tell us the details. I'm dying to know," my mother shook me around in a playful way. I chuckled at the way my mother was acting, but I did explain to my family what happened when Amity and I saw each other after everyone was entering the kingdom. It felt really good to have a family like mine to tell about my personal life without being judged. I'm lucky to have an awesome life.

Timeskip

It was around six o'clock at night and the king and queen invited my family and I to dinner. Of course we took the invitation and gathered around in the dining room. We were already seated until the prince and princesses came in to join us. I quickly got up from my seat and pulled a chair next to me for Amity to sit on. I smiled brightly as she did the same. Before I was able to sit down, Gus came into the dining room. I haven't seen him since a couple days before the incident. He left on a quest for Alador.