17. "so just friends?"

Start from the beginning

"It's Tequila." He laughs. I spit what was in my mouth back into the cup.

"I wanted water." I'm starting to get irritated.

"Oh come on! Have a drink instead."

"No, thank you!" I raise my voice.

"Calm down, babe. Or are you already drunk?" He laughs. I roll my eyes and try to stand up.

"Don't leave." He lightly pushes me back down.

"Dude, let her go." Vinnie chimes in.

"Mind your business, man." Quinton dismisses him.

"No I want to go!" I speak for myself. A few people's attention has been dragged and I don't like being at the centre of attention in this way. But I'm not going to stay silent and like a puppy around him.

Quinton looks at me shocked. I roll my eyes and stand up again, dropping the cup of tequila on the table. I see Jack looking at me carefully. I raise my brow at him to ask him 'what?'. He just takes his eyes off me and sips his drink. I glance at Vinnie, who's glaring at Quinton, before finally leaving.

"What the fuck was that about?" I hear Vinnie say as I leave.

"Bro chill. I was just having fun. Why do you even care?" Quinton replies. I can't understand what Vinnie says back though.

Why does he care? Maybe because anyone who knows me would. Except Jack obviously. I wouldn't even count him among people that know me.

I put my hand in my pocket to take out my keys. There aren't here. Shit. How did this evening go down hill so fast? So now I can't even go back to my own house. I must have lost it when I pulled my jacket to dance with Kouvr. Oh God.

I try to look around for Kouvr, but I can't find her. This house is too big. It's 10:30 already. Fuck. I haven't seen Gigi all day. And my head is starting to spin. I don't know why.

I don't feel like talking to anyone new right now, so I don't want to stay in the living room because I don't want anyone to approach me. Most especially duchebags like Quinton. I hope for all the girls around him, that he acted like that because he was just drunk.

The only place I can comfortably stay is Kouvr's room. So I head upstairs quickly and go to her room. When I open the door though, I find two people inside. Making out.

"Oh shit. Sorry." I apologize. Wait. Isn't that Amira? I quickly close the door back. And the guy looks like the one she was talking to earlier. I thought she was like into Vinnie or some shit. Does he know about this?

Well, it is none of my problem.

And yet you're happy that you just saw what you saw... My subconscious sings. Oh please. I couldn't care less. If he doesn't like me, Amira being with someone else wouldn't change that. Anyways, What do I do now?

Vinnie's room.

No, no. What if he enters? I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about what happened yesterday.

I try and call Gigi again. Still no reply.

Ugh, I hate going anywhere without Gigi.

"Hey." I lift my head from my phone, already knowing who it is.

"Hello." I reply.

"Have you lost your way again?" He jokes.

"No. I would like to go home though." I roll my eyes.

"Not having fun?" He leans on the wall.

"I assume you neither if you are here right now." I put my phone in the pocket of my jacket and cross my arms.