Elijah took one spoon and spat it on my face afterward.

"It tastes as horrible as you look, fatty." He got up. "Don't ever try and act smart in my house."

"I am not fat!" I snapped, wiping my face. "You are rude and you like to body shame me."

"I am not body shaming you, I am just telling you the truth. You really look horrible and you look as if you are still pregnant with the twins." 

"You told me I didn't even gain weight when I was pregnant with the twins and now you saying I look as fat as I was then?" I have to pretend to be sad even though I am not. "How could you say that to me, Elijah? No real man would ever say that to the person who carried their babies."

"Well, real men do say that to fake women like you who pretend to be dead just to hurt others." 

"I never meant to hurt you or anyone, how many times must I tell you that." I shouted. 

"I am already used to your lies so repeat it as much as you like." Elijah said.

"Do you believe my love for you was also a lie?" I asked with teary eyes.

 "If you want to spend time with the kids you can go to my mother's house cause I will drop them there before I go to work." He walked out of the kitchen. 

He didn't answer my question which means he is not sure. How can he not be sure of my love for him when I saved him? 

Elijah took us all to his parent's house. At least he wants me and the children to bond.

Aunt Sofia was annoyed to see me. It's so cute to see her pretend to hate me. 

"So Aunt, were you pregnant when you used to ask me about pregnancy?" I asked and she turned away. 

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Oh please, I know you love me." I smile.

"You are a naughty kid." She mumbled. "We cried and I even fainted after hearing about your death and then you showed up as if nothing happened. Annette, you are very naughty." I giggled. "It's not funny kid, I don't like you anymore."

"I am sorry." I hugged her. "I know you were hurt and you cried a lot for me but I didn't get a chance to tell you I am leaving. If grandpa didn't do everything in a hurry I would've had the chance the tell you I am leaving. Sorry."

"So you would just tell us you are leaving?" 

"Yes." I said. 

"You are a stupid kid," She said. "So how are you and Elijah?" 

"Our relationship is horrible but we making progress." I smiled. "He calls me this cute nickname, the dead." She laughed. 

"That means he cares about you."

"He really does." I said. "He literally spat on my face this morning after I added salt to his porridge."

"I can help you win Elijah over but I have a condition."

"Anything." I knew I could count on my future in-laws.

"You have to promise you will never break his heart again." She is giving me the easiest condition ever.

"I promise." I quickly agreed. "I promise I will never break that idiot's heart so tell me what do I have to do?"

"Benjamin is hosting a party for the company and all employees and business partners are invited I think."

"So?"

"Elijah will be there and since everyone needs a plus one you can be his plus one and get close to him."

"So you want me to attend the party and make Elijah jealous? That's not going to work."

"Let me talk Annette." She said. "I want you to go to the party as his plus one so people can see you two are together and his girlfriends won't make a move on him."

"That could work but don't forget his hoes don't care if Elijah is taken or not."

"That's true but if Elijah falls for you, he won't care about them so just focus on him and make sure he takes you as his plus one that way you will know you making progress."

"You an awesome mother-in-law." I fist-pumped her. "When is the party?"

"Sunday I think." She said. 

"If Elijah doesn't take me, can I be your plus one?" I asked.

"If Elijah doesn't take you, I will ask Benjamin to give you an invite." 

Before I could thank her, Seth started crying so Aunt Sofia ran upstairs to get to him. I decided to go to Red and Ryker who were playing with their toys. They are so disciplined. 

"Red." I called her name and she looked at me. "Where's momma?" I asked. Kids usually point their fingers at somewhere or someone when they are fourteen months but my daughter just ignored me. But looking on the bright side, she didn't cry after seeing me. 

"Ryker doesn't cry as much as Red so maybe you can pick him up." Aunt Sofia said, carrying Seth.

"I actually Ummm never had the chance to keep Seth, if you don't mind, can I?" I hope she agrees.

"Sure." She handed Seth to me. 

"He is so beautiful." I told Aunt Sofia. "I can't believe the world doesn't know what this beautiful baby looks like." 

"Benjamin doesn't want the baby in the public eye just like Emily. He kinda wants them to keep a low profile." She said. "Your twins are also not supposed to be in the public eye."

"I know but there are pictures of them with Elijah trending because Elijah likes taking them to work with him."

"Can you blame him?" She said taking Seth from me. "You did leave him heartbroken and he is just scared you might disappear with the kids."

"I understand why Eli acts the way he does but I wish he could just forgive me and forget everything."