Ch 7: Anniversary

Hi everyone! I hope that you're doing great!

How do you feel about 2022 so far?

Quick reminder that if you enjoy my work and you want to support me and help me stay consistent with my writing then please consider checking out my Buy Me A Coffee or Liberpay page (links below)

liberapay.com/NorDragon/

buymeacoffee.com/nordragon

Anyway, enjoy!

^^^

(y/n) took a deep breath and crossed arms on her chest.

"It's HUGE." she finally said

"It sure is." Claggor nodded "It's the biggest one I've ever seen. And I've seen some pretty big ones."

"Oh, I don't doubt that."

They both glanced worriedly at an enormous ax sticking out of the bar counter. The night before, one of the foreign guests had a couple of drinks too many and started a fight. He managed to destroy two tables and thrust his weapon into the counter before Vander kicked him out.

"How do we even get rid of something like that?!" the girl massaged her temples "It's literally twice our size!"

"Just pull it out?" 

"Yeah, so it can damage the floor I had just waxed." (y/n) said, annoyed at this absurd situation.

"Don't worry, I'll get a cloth so the floor doesn't get scratched."

A few minutes later, the girl grabbed the ax's handle from below while Claggor stood on the counter and pushed it down. They heard a loud crack and the ax fell onto the ground...and so did the two. 

"I don't get paid enough to deal with that shit." she groaned, standing up from the clean floor.

"Imagine they don't pay me at all." Claggor mumbled while massaging his shoulder.

"Fair point." she admitted and helped him get up.

"What should we do with it?"

"Pack it and take it to Benzo. I need to prepare the bar for tonight's service."

"What about that?" he looked at the damaged counter.

"I don't know. I'll ask Vander when he comes back. Where is he anyway?"

"He took Vi and they went to buy supplies this morning." 

(Y/n) got back to her chores, desperately trying to fix her wrinkled shirt and dusty trousers. Today was a special day for her and Violet, so she decided to dress nicely. She didn't expect the morning to be so busy and eventful, tho. 

^^^

Half an hour before the opening, (y/n) heard a carriage stopping in front of the tavern. Seconds later Vi stepped inside. She immediately walked up to the girl and greeted her with a long kiss.

"Hi!" (y/n) said when her lips were free again "Happy anniversary!"

"Happy anniversary, honey! It's been amazing 2 years!" Vi sent her a beaming smile "I've got something for you."

"Oh, you shouldn't have..." (y/n) blushed. After the purchase of the new apartment, she had nearly no savings left so she couldn't afford to buy her girlfriend a gift this year. And she felt awful because of that!

"Here" Violet handed her a linen pouch. Inside (y/n) found a silver bracelet decorated with tiny purple crystals carved in a flower shape.

"It...it's beautiful!" (y/n) didn't know what to say.