Chapter 1: Hard landing

Hi everyone!

I hope that you will enjoy my new work! Before we dive into the story: 

-the main character is obviously nameless and goes by Y/N, it can be your name or another fictional character, as you wish
-in my concept, the main character is a girl/woman but again, you as a reader have freedom when it comes to interpreting Y/N
-this story is based solely on the Netflix series, the game has impressive lore but sadly I don't know much about it
-English is not my first language so I'm sorry in advance for any mistakes
-I use "." for dialog and '.' for inner thoughts
-all the rights belong to Riot Games

Enjoy!

^^^^^

4 months had passed since the riot that ended in a bloody clash on the bridge. Most of the citizens had returned to their duties, but an eerie atmosphere was still hovering over the city. People were more hostile than ever and the situation was definitely not improved by the Enforces who patrolled the streets days and nights. They were supposed to help keep people safe, but it seemed the only times they were showing up was when some innocent person needed a hard beating.

(y/n) was laying on the dusty floor. Spending her free time in the musty attic didn't belong to her favorite activities but that claustrophobic chamber was the only place where she could've found some peace lately. She grew up in the eastern part of the city in a poor but happy home. During the riot, someone set a nearby warehouse on fire. The explosion destroyed many houses, including hers. Now her family was living in The Lanes, in her uncle's house...and she hated that. Uncle was a decent man but he was working in the mines all days so she hardly ever seen him. The other members of the family were...not so decent.

The girl heard a loud clatter so she stood up and went downstairs to see what had just happened. First she heard her aunt's hoarse voice.

"She better move her ass and find some work!"

"Watch out how you talk about my daughter!" the girl easily guessed it was her mother's voice "She is only a child! Besides, what about your twins?! They are older than (y/n) and I don't see them doing any work."

"Leave my precious sons alone! She will bring home the money or she will end up on the streets! This is not a shelter nor a charity, y'all want to live here, you need to pay. Every one of you!"

The girl didn't want to listen to this anymore so she ran through the hallway and opened the front door. She jumped out on the street and immediately bumped into someone.

"Watch out, you nasty leech." a boy growled

"Don't call me that!" the girl looked angrily at her cousin

"My mom says you're a leech, then you ARE a leech." his twin brother smirked and turned around to the third boy. (y/n) didn't know who that was but he seemed a few years older than them. "It's her, Mark."

"What's going on? Who is he?" the girl asked, a little concerned.

"We have good news for you!" one of the twins said "Today you will finally become useful! Mark found a job for us and we need your involvement."

"No way!"

"C'mon!" the other twin approached her "You heard our mom. You NEED to bring some money or else you will sleep outside."

"And WE, as your amazing cousins, want to help you." the first boy smirked mischievously

The girl sighed and agreed, not believing in their good intentions but not having much choice either.

^^^

The four were walking for almost an hour through The Lanes.

"I think we are getting closer to the central district." (y/n) noticed "My mom warned me not to go there alone."