Ch 4: The comfort

Hello everyone!

I hope that you're all doing great! I can't stop listening to Arcane soundtrack while writing those! What are your favourite songs?

^^^

~a few months later~

(y/n) was walking through The Lanes with a big linen sack on her back. For the last few weeks she managed to collect a decent amount of high-quality metal junk and she was now planning to sell it at Benzo's.

^^^

Benzo examined the content of the sack and scratched his neck.

"I can pay you 20 for everything."

"Give her 25!" Ekko suggested

Benzo frowned at him "Don't you have something to do in the garage?! Off you go!"

The boy grinned at (y/n) and ran to the room in the back.

"22?" the girl tried to bargain even though she knew that the man jacked up the price of this scrap already.

"Alright..." he tossed her a pouch.

"Oh, it's 27." the girl said after counting the coins.

Benzo shook his head when (y/n) tried to give him back the change. "Take'em. I know what you're saving for."

"Thank you so much!" (y/n) sent him a beaming smile.

She ran back home and immediately went to her room, locking the door. She lifted one of the floor panels and took out a big, rusty can. It was her special money-box where she kept the money meant to buy a new apartment for her family. She started counting the coins inside and later added today's earn. It seemed that she was extremely close to her goal what made her feel delighted.

Suddenly someone kicked her door. The lock let go and the twins came inside her room.

"Hello, hello! What are you doing, huh?" one of them asked, smirking

"Your mom..." the girl said, annoyed

"Really?! What are you? 9?"

"No, I'm just getting down to my interlocutor's level."

"Whatever...Show us what you got there!"

"Do you know that people close their doors for a reason?!"

"Oh, look!" the boy turned to his brother "She still thinks she gets to have privacy while living in our house."

They approached the table and started putting the coins into their pockets. (y/n) knew that if she touched them, the aunt would be furious...but this time they really had crossed the line. She grabbed the hand of each of them, twisted them, and pressed her thumbs against their fingernails.

"You are both so FUCKED UP! I'm sick of this!" she said through her teeth.

Then out of nowhere her aunt burst into the room. She saw her sons twisting on the floor from pain.

"My boys!" she cried and ran up to the girl with a broomstick in her hands. The woman started hitting the girl with the wooden handle and shouting slurs at her.

^^^

Vi was sitting in the bedroom, darning Powder's shirt, when suddenly the door opened. It was (y/n). She had a red face and puffy eyes.

"Is everything alright?" Vi asked, concerned

The girl sat on the couch and hid her face in her palms.

"They kicked me out...again." she said quietly "I'm really sick of this, you know." her voice broke and she started sobbing.

"I'm here." Vi moved closer to the girl and embraced her "Shh, we're gonna figure out something."

The girl explained what had happened.

Vi frowned "I'm so sorry to hear that. That's fucked up! You shouldn't have to go through that!"

(y/n) laid down on the couch and Vi spooned her.

"Don't worry..." Vi grabbed (y/n)'s hand and started stroking it with her thumb "You're safe here. I promise."

(y/n) felt the warmth of Vi's body, her strong muscular arms wrapped around her, her chest rising in the rhythm of her breath. She calmed down. Her eyelids became heavy and she eventually fell asleep. When she woke up, Vi was still by her side.

"Sorry, I dozed off."

"No problem. I was here the whole time." Vi sent her a warm smile and gave her a soft peck on the cheek.

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" (y/n) turned around to face Vi and nuzzled into her.

"Of course." Vi whispered and started stroking the girl's hair. Her touch was so relaxing that (y/n) fell asleep again.

Suddenly the door opened and Claggor walked inside.

"I'm sorry!" he whispered when he saw the girls "I'll come back later."

"Wait!" Vi gently stood up from the couch "I have a job for you. It requires your subtlety and charm."

"I'm listening..."

^^^

It was a late night when the twins were wading through The Lanes.

"Such a bummer that they closed the casino!" one of them said

"Yeah, especially after we got so much money to spend." his brother agreed

"Like, I get it that someone was shot dead inside but can't they just mop the floor quickly and let people play?!"

"I was thinking the same thing! Sheesh!"

Then they noticed a stocky figure leaning against the wall. He was looking at them through his crystal glasses.

"Who the fuck are you?!"

"The name is Claggor."

"And what do you want, Claggor?!"

"Just delivering a message from Violet." he said calmly and cracked his knuckles

"Who the fuck is Viole-" one of the twins asked but didn't get to finish because Claggor did a fast run-up and kicked him on the groin. He grabbed the second boy and threw him into the air with ease. The boy landed a few meters away. Claggor approached him, grabbed by the collar, and pinned him to the wall.

"Let's make a deal." he said in his stoic tone "You're going to apologize to (y/n), give all her money back, and stop being such a pain in the ass for her and her family. If not...I'll rip your head off and shove it up your brother's ass. Do we understand each other?"

The boy was too afraid to speak so he made a few unintelligible wails.

"I'll take it as a 'yes'. If not...at least make your brother get a douche, I guess." he chuckled and walked away.

^^^

Still waters run deep, I guess... I really liked Mylo and Claggor characters so I'm happy to add them into the story, they deserve more 'screen' time.

Anyway, thank you for reading! Feel free to leave a vote and/or a comment. If you're interested in supporting me as a writer, please consider checking out my Buy Me A Coffee: buymeacoffee.com/nordragon or Liberpay: liberapay.com/NorDragon/

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY