Ch 6: Protection

Hi everyone! I hope that you've been well! 

One thing about my story before we jump into the chapter: I'm very hesitant while writing about (y/n)'s family because on the one hand worldbuilding is very important for me and I hate plot holes but at the same time, "(y/n)" concept should let the reader feel the part of the story and maybe giving them father, mother, sister, brother, pet and giving them very clear characteristics would be contrary to that concept. In conclusion, (y/n)'s very enigmatic family is not my lazy writing, it's that^.

This week a little shorter chapter but I hope that you'll enoyed it!

^^^

~a few weeks later~

It was a rainy, gloomy day so after her work (y/n) decided to stay at Vi's place. They were lying in the girl's bed, (y/n) reading an old book with a painfully obvious plot twist, Vi resting her head on her girlfriend's chest and nodding off. Suddenly (y/n) sighed and put the book down.

"What happened?" Vi rapidly opened her eyes, alerted.

"I wanted to ask you for help...but I'm not sure if that's ok."

"What?! Of course, it is ok! You know I'll always have your back, no matter what."

"I know, I know" (y/n) started stroking Vi's palm "But this is a little more...severe situation. I'd told you that I'd found the new apartment, right?"

"The one near wool factory?"

"Yes. So everything went well and next week we want to move in."

"Sounds great!"

"But before that, we need to take our stuff from the old apartment...and you know who lives there."

"Oh, I get it. Do you think your aunt will cause some problems? I thought she wanted to get rid of you."

"You know how she is, she would do ANYTHING to make my life harder. That's why I'm nearly certain that she'll try to make a scene."

"You're right..." Vi raised herself up on the elbow "What about your uncle?"

"He is a nice man but when it comes to her abuse, not once did he try to intervene."

"That sucks..."

"Could you go there with me? I'm not scared of her anymore but...you know...dealing with her it's not the same as dealing with some random thugs on the streets."

"I can imagine this is hard for you...Of course, I'll be there! I'll take Mylo and Claggor too. Don't you worry, everything will be fine! You don't have to deal with that alone." Vi leaned forward and gave her a quick kiss.

Suddenly they heard fast footsteps and seconds later a slim figure jumped on the bed. 

"I'm going too!" Powder grinned and started bouncing on the mattress.

"I appreciate that you want to help, Powder. But that will be no fun, I promise." (y/n) sent her a warm smile.

"She is right, Pow Pow. That is not the place for someone your age."

"But I'm ready to kick some ASS!" Powder threw her fists up.

"This is EXACTLY why you're not going." Vi said "Besides, what did I tell you about swearing?!"

"Oh, shit! Sorry, I forgot!" 

Vi looked at her resignedly and sighed.

^^^

~a week later~

Violet was standing in the doorway while (y/n) was quickly putting her belongings into a wooden box.

"LET ME IN!" the aunt bulged her eyes out.

"Nah." Vi said casually and leaned against the door frame, blocking the way in.

"That's MY house and I'm sure that this girl is stealing from me! She is taking my stuff!"

"Lady, shut yo ass up." Vi said, annoyed "Nobody cares what you think."

"I'm done." (y/n) said and approached the door. 

"Alright, let's go." Vi stepped back and put her arm forward, in a protective gesture.

"Let me see what did you packed!" the woman reached to the box "I know you stole something!"

Vi smacked her hand and said as calmly as she could at that heated moment "Let's not make a scene. Stay back!"

"Why would I steal from you?!" (y/n) couldn't hold her anger in "Just let us leave!"

"Not before I check what you have in there." the aunt started pulling and tugging the girl's clothes, trying to rip the box out of her hands.

"Hey, back off!" Vi snarled and gently pushed the woman.

She moved a few steps back and then dramatically threw herself on the floor.

"Help! Help! I'm being attacked! They broke my leg!" she started crying and tossing on the ground. The girls completely ignored her and headed to the door. 

^^^

Claggor and Mylo were standing outside the building, staring at the twins who also decided to join the shitshow.

"Wanna fight?! Huh?" Mylo showed them a rude gesture.

Claggor sighed, annoyed by his younger brother's childish behavior. After all, they came here to make sure that things WOULDN'T escalate.

"Yeah! Come here!" the twin raised his fists.

Claggor walked towards them and said calmly while massaging his knuckles "Is your memory really THAT short? Nobody is fighting!" 

The twins glanced worriedly at Claggor and stepped back.

"We wanted her out of here anyway." one of the boys shrugged, trying to play it cool.

The girls walked out of the building and headed down the street so the boys joined them. The aunt must have miraculously healed herself because she ran from the building to keep shouting and swearing.

"Ignore her..." Vi said and put her arm around (y/n)'s waist.

^^^

When all the packages and boxes were finally in the new apartment, (y/n) stretched and grunted.

"Ohhh my god! I think I left my collarbone somewhere on the street." the girl said, exhausted from carrying the stuff "Thank you so much for helping me, guys!" 

Vi looked at her partner - she was standing there, her face was all puffy and red, her hair was messy, she was very sweaty...and yet for Vi, she was still the most beautiful thing in the world. The pink-haired girl glanced at the boxes and could help but smile at the thought that maybe one day the two of them will be carrying those to their own apartment where they will start their life together... 

"No problem!" Claggor finally answered, snapping Vi out of her daydreaming.

"Yeah" Vi cleared her throat "We'll be heading back to the tavern but if you need any help just call."

^^^

Thank you for reading! If you enjoy my work please consider supporting me via Liberpay or Buy Me A Coffee.

Feel free to leave a vote and/or a comment and HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!

The Base Love Necessary for Change (Violet x Reader| Arcane League of Legends)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara