The Yule Ball (I)

Start from the beginning

"They're for you" Bree said.

And the entire Gryffindor table flus some of the other houses laughed.

"Dress robes"

"Dress robes? For what?"

***

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament" McGonagall said while Mr. Filch tried to put on the music.

All Gryffindor's sat in a small hall listening to McGonagall.

"Since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As represetive as the host school I except each and every one of you to put your beat foot forward and I mean this literally because, the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance"

All the girls whispered to each other exited and the boys groaned and complained to each other.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons"

"Try say that five times fast huh" George whispered to Fred.

"Babbling bumbling band of baboons.."

"Now to dance is to let the body... breathe. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight"

"Something about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan" Ron said to Seamus, Harry and Dean.

Bree and Ron caught eyes and she pretty much glared at him when she heard what he said. He shrinks down in his seat getting quiet not wanting to break their speaking term.

She mouthed to him. 'Stop speaking bullshit'.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepares to prance. Mr. Weasley"

"Yes?"

"Will you join me please?" She said walking over to him.

He stood up and Harry shoved him forward a bit silently laughing.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist"

"Where?"

"On my waist"

The twins whistled to annoy him and he was on his way to give them the finger when McGonagall stopped him and put his hand on her waist. "And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please"

Filch put on the slow music.

"One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three" and continued as they swayed to the music.

"Oi!"

The twins bend over to Harry to listen what he had to say.

"Never gonna let him tiger this are you?"

"Never"

"Everybody come together" McGonagall said and every girl stood up immediately. "Boys on your feet" she said when the boys shrinked back into their seats except for Neville who stood up.

**

That night Ron and Harry peeked into their room and saw Neville dancing in his sleep with shoes humming the tunes and extended arms.

**

"Why do they have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" Harry said to Ron the next day at the courtyard filled with girls.