CH-4

Author's Pov

"Careful." A mewled warning entered Bella's ears as she smiled assuring her sister, carefully pushing the wheelchair inside the house letting her mother look around the familiar place with sad eyes.

The memories of her husband rushed in her head only for her eyes to dampen with tears, Bella felt something similar yet confronting her heart to not cry out she crotched before her mother sadly smiling at her.

"I know it's hard to accept, but we have to. We have to be strong, mom." Easter cracked up in a hushed cry followed by a muffled whimper coming from Sarah who looked away from the duo letting the tears soak her cheeks.

Bella sighed closing her eyes and clutching her mother's warm hands in her cold ones, she didn't say anything further as she knew letting out sometimes is better than holding in, she gently placed her forehead against her mother's lap letting out her tears as well. The whole family cried over the loss of their father, husband, and one and only guardian.

Easter thankfully woke up after Bella met the murderer of her father, but the doctor told them that their mother was too weak right now, even the slightest impact on her heart can put her life in danger again. The sudden stroke she suffered affected her whole system negatively that's why the doctor advised them to let her stay on a wheelchair for at least a month.

Seeing her mother this agitated and broken has left many cracks over her bleeding heart as well, Bella knew how fragile and soft-hearted her mother always has been, she never even thought bad for anyone before still worst has happened to her by who? By the greedy wolves wanting nothing but the mortal thing as money and power.

Gently kissing her mother's hands she didn't try to comfort her further, she knew the woman needed to let out, she needed to bawl out for the loss of her love, husband, and her protector. Crying for him was her right which Bella wasn't ready to snatch away. After a while of letting out their every sorrow, she nodded at Sarah to do as instructed by the doctor.

Even though Easter wanted to get off the wheelchair and walk beside her daughters but doctor strictly prohibited them, she was still weak and deprived of most of her strength because of the terrible stroke she suffered, it was God's grace that it didn't do any permanent impact of any of her organs or body parts.

Helping her tarnished soul mother to eat something with a heavy heart, Sarah also forced her stubborn worn out sister to swallow a few spoons of food, Bella mostly had a habit of skipping dinner as she was used to eating a heavy breakfast but she has already skipped eating dinner from the last two days that's why Sarah pursued her to eat tonight which the exhausted girl did even though she had no appetite.

Bella even found it hard to accept the bitter reality of her father not being with them anymore at the same time she knew it wasn't impossible, life doesn't stop for anyone. She has to be strong for her family, for the people who have always been provided her with unexplainable warmth and love. They need her.

Taking a fresh shower Bella looked through the newspapers grabbing a bunch of them before grasping a pen and heading towards the garden. The weather was chilly yet the peaceful wind was enough for her to do her work in peace.

Sarah helped her mother with medicines and after the restless woman finally fell asleep she was ready to go towards her room to have some hours of sleep as well but the moment she crossed the living room, curiosity engulfed her finding the front door opened. She walked out of it only to let out a heavy sigh finding her sister sitting on the seat placed in the garden while looking through the newspapers and pamphlets.

"Bella it's cold outside, what are you doing?" She inquired steadily taking a seat in front of her sister who gave her a small assuring smile.

"I am fine Sarah, just trying to find a job. But seems like I will be unsuccessful." She mumbled sighing. Sarah stared at the focused girl for a few minutes in silence before opening her mouth and spitting out the words which instantly vexed her older sister.