00 - Epilogue

Stiles is driving his jeep out of the city with a blindfolded Jackson next to him. They are on the road for about an hour before Stiles pulls the car over and guides Jackson away from it. Thanks to his girl friends the tent is already set up and all that's left to do is build the bonfire. Stiles positions Jackson so he has a perfect view of the campsite and removes the blindfold. 'This is ours for the next twenty-four hours.'

Jackson turns around with an overwhelmed smile. 'What's all this for?', he wants to know. 'Well, remember when you told me how much you love bonfires?' The wolf nods. 'This is a thank you. For everything you have done for me since we met again. For being the best thing in my life. And because I love you more than I ever thought was possible.' Jackson has tears in his eyes and pulls Stiles into a loving kiss. 'You didn't have to do any of this. I love being there for you. I love loving you. Stiles, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Thank you for this.'

When the sun starts to set, the couple is cuddled up in front of the fire with a half eaten bag of Marshmallows next to them. Stiles clears his throat and turns to his boyfriend. 'Jackson', he starts. 'I know I say this a lot. But I don't ever want to stop proving it to you. I love you, Jax. So much that sometimes it's all I can feel. Ever cell of my being is flooded with my love for you. And I would never want it any other way. You are everything to me. Waking up next to you fills me with true happiness.'

By now both of them have tears running down their cheeks. 'Don't worry, I'm not proposing. Not right now. It's too soon for that. But I am making you a promise. A promise to be with you until I draw my last breath. It might be fast, but I have never been more sure of anything in my life. You are my purpose. I was born to love you. And you make it so easy. You have the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. You have the kindest eyes and I find myself getting lost in them time and time again. When I look at you, when I feel you, I am home. From now until forever. I love you, Jackson.'

The werewolf is too overwhelmed to say anything, so he pulls Stiles' face close and drowns him in kisses. When they pull away, Stiles reaches into his pocket and holds out a small box to Jackson. 'It's not much, but I would love it if you want to wear it.' When Jackson opens the box, his eyes land on a necklace. The pendant is in the shape of a pawprint and has a lightning bolt engraved into it. 'The wolf and the spark', Jackson whispers in awe. Then he pulls Stiles into another kiss that marks the beginning of their happily ever after.