15 - Confession

To Stiles' surprise he actually gets a lot of results when he enters the words spark and energy flow into the search engine. But he figures it makes sense considering how new the species is. And that it developed along with anything electrical. He discovers a well hidden chat room filled with people who are or claim to be sparks. It's easy from some of the posts to determine if they are true. Someone tells the story of how they took over control of every screen in a tv store and played Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". That one is obviously made up. But one story of a girl who lost her control at family dinner and was suddenly surrounded by sparks sounds too similar to Stiles' own experience to be fake.

From that girls' profile, Stiles is directed to a blog that details her road to controlling her spark. It's masked as a work of fiction, but for supernaturals it's easy to see through. Stiles soaks up all he can, but after two hours his brain is about full. Jackson is laying on the couch, resting again and Stiles walks over after shutting his laptop. He kneels down on the floor and brushes his fingers through Jackson's hair. The man slowly blinks his eyes open and smiles up at Stiles. 'Hey', he murmurs. 'Hey, wolfy. How are you feeling?' Jackson smirks. 'You worried about me, sparky?' Stiles blushes a little, but he doesn't pull back. 'Of course I'm worried about you. You almost bled out, remember? And don't pull that whole "I'm a werewolf, I heal"-thing. I know you heal. But you almost didn't. So I get to worry about you. No arguing.'

Jackson pulls Stiles down on top of him and the spark nuzzles his nose into the wolf's neck. Jackson wraps his arms around Stiles and sighs happily. 'I would never deny you the right to worry about me, Sti. I worry about you too, you know. But I'm glad that I can be here for you with this whole spark thing. I can't imagine if you were still back in Beacon Hills with the pack.' Stiles can't either. 'Even if it weren't for my spark, I would still be glad that I'm here with you. To be honest, I have never felt this comfortable with anyone but you. Scott was my brother once, but he never made me feel this good. I love you, Jax.' Stiles blushes at his accidental confession, but not as hard as Jackson does. A wide genuine smile takes over the werewolf's face. 'I love you too, Sti.'

They grin at each other for a moment before Jackson's eyes flick down to Stiles' lips. The spark notices the movement and slowly leans in, giving Jackson enough time to turn away. But he doesn't. Their lips meet and Stiles sighs at the contact. He lets his mouth slide softly over Jackson's and they move against each other so gently as if they are afraid the other could break. After a few minutes, Jackson moves his hand to cup the spark's neck and pull him closer. He presses his lips against Stiles' more firmly and moans into the kiss when Stiles lets his tongue glide over the wolf's bottom lip. He opens up immediately and they start an intense tongue fight. After a few more minutes, Jackson flips them around and straddles Stiles' hips. He lets his mouth wander down to the spark's neck and starts sucking on a spot that earns him a particularly loud moan.

When Jackson lets his teeth graze over the spot lightly, there is a knock at the door. The two boys break apart reluctantly and Stiles shuffles out from underneath the werewolf to see who is disturbing their heated moment. Stiles' cheeks are still flushed when he peeks through the hole and sees a delivery boy. He opens the door to the heavenly smell of chinese. 'It's already paid for', the boy says when Stiles fumbles for his wallet. So he takes the bag and looks back at Jackson, who has a sheepish look on his face. 'I ordered take out while you were melting into your laptop. I figured you wouldn't want to go out or cook.' Stiles nods thankfully and places the food onto the table before sinking down onto the couch, as close to Jackson as physically possible. The werewolf chuckles and wraps Stiles into his arms again before burying his nose in the spark's neck.

'Has anyone ever told you that you smell incredible?', Jackson asks. Stiles shakes his head. 'Scott always told me that he can't stand my scent. Then Derek started rubbing his nose all over me, before dropping me for Braeden like I never meant anything. I guess I didn't.' He shrugs like it doesn't bother him, but the betrayal still hurts. Not because he wants to be with Derek, but because the other used him as a toy until someone he is actually interested in came along. Jackson nuzzles his nose deeper into the crook of Stiles' neck and huffs. 'They are idiots. For one, you smell like everything I like in this world. And secondly, you mean so much. Without you, the pack would be long dead. And I don't even want to imagine where I would be right now if I had never met you. Stiles, you are a light in the world. A beacon of hope and happiness. I hate the pack for how they made you feel. But I promise you right now, that I will never let that happen again. As long as I'm around, you will always know how much you are worth.'

Tears are running down Stiles' face and he melts into Jackson's embrace. The two sit like that for what feels like an eternity and they keep assuring each other how loved and important they are. And that they will never be alone. Stiles catches himself thinking that it should be weird for them to be this close this fast. To make promises that include the word always. But it isn't weird. To them it just feels right. 'You smell like home', Jackson whispers and Stiles feels like this is fate. 'You feel like home, Jax', he whispers back.