Part 10- Dad Needs a Few

Genevive's P.O.V

" Kohen, I miss my house." I said as I held Binx.

" Missing things you won't get back? I want this to be your house." 

" Why do you want to move so fast?"I just wanted to cry.

" I love you."

I stopped dead in my tracks, excuse me say what? 

" Can you make Jay stay here?" I asked as the electric flickered.

" For?" He asked with a darken look. 

" He's my friend." 

" What about Sienna? She's my cousin, far down the line." Kohen smirked.

" You know Sienna? My friend Sienna?" I asked, shocked. Sienna never mentioned a cousin Kohen. 

" I just said that. "

" You're being mean. Making me choose my family over YOU." 

" I'm not saying you won't see them, I'm saying I want you here. Tell them we are together and you'll be staying here." Kohen offered.

" Fine. I want to go home though."

" I'll take you to see them, and get your jeep." He offered.

" Give me my phone so I can call them." I held out my hand.

He handed it over, standing there watching me.

" Can't I do this alone?" 

" Sure. I've got the best hearing ears around. Call her from the bedroom." He said as he walked into the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs, fingers hanging above my moms number. I swallowed as I hit call.

" Honey! Are you okay down there?" She answered.

" Yeah! How is it there?" I asked as I shut the door.

" Awful, I don't think the snow will ever go away. Your dad fell on his ass getting the mail this morning," she laughed and I heard my dad yell at her.

" Listen mom, I really have to talk to you." I sat on my bed, listening to her tell dad she'll be right back.

" What's wrong? You need more money for school? Failed a class? " She got worried.

" It isn't anything with school. I have to tell you I've been seeing someone." 

" Oh." She replied.

" I wasn't going to make it a big deal or tell you for awhile, but I'm going to move in with him, I won't stay in my dorm anymore, he only lives 15 minutes from campus so it will save us money as well." 

" Live with him? How long have you been seeing this person?" She sounded snarky.

" a year," I lied too her, right through my teeth.

" You're just now telling us?" She now sounded hurt.

" I wanted to make sure it would last, you know it's been forever since I've had a boyfriend. I didn't want the same thing to happen." I continued to lie.

" Can we meet him then? Before he whisk our daughter away?"

" I'm sure I can talk him into it. You tell dad, I'll talk to Kohen and we will see." I said, mentally smacking my mouth as I said his name.

" Kohen? Not Kohen Blackburn, I hope?" She gasped.

" Mom," 

" Genevieve! That man is 5 years older than you!" She scolded me.