Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

I opened the door and it wasn't too busy, so Somi looked over at me immediately. I sat at my normal table in the corner and got my laptop set up before a hot chocolate was placed in front of me, along with a body now seated across from me. I looked up and smiled as Somi was staring at me, telling me silently with her eyes to talk about last night. I rolled my eyes and paused my music, taking out my airpods.

"Don't you have a job to do?" I asked her as she shook her head.

"Nope. Took my thirty minute break now and if needed, I can take the rest of the day off. Now stop stalling and tell me what the fuck happened last night." She answered back seriously. I sighed and took a sip of the hot chocolate before telling her,

"We are remaining friends."

"WHAT?!" Somi yelled as she slammed her hands on the table loudly, making me so fucking embarrassed to be her friend. I shushed her as my face was red and stood up, yanking her to her back office. I closed the door and stared her down as she cowered in fear, knowing she embarrassed me and made me extremely pissed off. I walked towards her as she backed up into her desk,

"I swear to god if you ever shout like that in a public place again, I will fucking kill you! I don't care if you own the god damn place, don't do that again." She stayed silent, making my blood boil more, "Do you understand?"

"Yes I understand! Now please back away because seeing you pissed off is the scariest sight known to man." I backed up and took a deep breath, calming myself down.

"Now what questions do you have?"

"How come she rejected you? Is there another person? Are you still going to be friends? How are you going to work together?" Somi rambled on as I held up a finger to tell her to shut up because I was going to answer them.

"Well first off, I didn't even ask her to be my girlfriend."

"What? Why?" She asked me, completely confused and intrigued.

"I knew she wouldn't say yes. I knew her ex came back into her life and he still had her heart. So I told her to be happy and go with him since she still wants to be with him." I explained sadly as Somi's jaw dropped a bit.

"So she's back with her ex now?" I nodded my head, "no shit. So how are you taking it?"

"I guess okay. I could sense that her heart wasn't mine for the taking the second she first talked about her ex. I just hoped that I could change what her heart wanted, but I couldn't, and that's okay. She told me that there's someone out there for me, so I'm just waiting on them now."

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know how much you liked her." I shrugged my shoulders,

"It's fine. We are remaining friends though because we clicked naturally and I would want to keep her in my life." I said with a small smile. Somi opened up her arms and ushered me to give her a hug. I scoffed and crossed my arms at her, "I am not giving you a hug after you embarrassed me."

"If you don't hug me I'll tell everyone out there that when you were 15, you asked a gir-" I wrapped her up in a hug at lightning speed, making her laugh as she wrapped her arms around my neck. We actually hugged for a good ten seconds which is the longest we've hugged in over a year. I pulled back from her and she smiled brightly at me, making me a little suspicious at how quickly her mood changed.

"What are you thinking?"

"Let's go to the club tonight!" I stared at her blankly, not liking the idea of being around drunk and sweaty people one bit. As the silence between us grew, her excitement faded as she realized there was no way I'm fucking going out. A dramatic sigh of disappointment fell from her lips as she dragged me out of her office while I laughed. She went back to work and I sat back down, drinking my hot chocolate and pulling up the software to edit some photos. I popped my airpods back in and started to quietly hum along to my music as I breezed through the photos. About two hours had gone by and I heard my phone buzzing on the table, so I picked it up and smiled seeing that it was Rosie.