chapter 43 | lies

Start from the beginning

"All the time."

"Tell me more."

"I would be married." I started coughing from
his sudden response. He rubbed his hand on my back before raising his eyebrow asking if I was okay and I nodded.

"To whom?"

"To the lo—" He paused. "To whom my stars align with."

"That would be no one." I joked.

"We'll see about that." He smirked.

"We?" I questioned. "I hope you know I will no longer be in contact with you anymore."

He placed me on the hood of the car, putting his hands on my waist. "And I hope you know that you have no other choice but to stay in contact with me."

I snaked my arms around his torso, hauling him closer to my body and placing my head against his chest. His body heat radiating off of mine mixed with the windy breeze of the outdoors almost luring me to sleep. "If you insist."

"Wholeheartedly."

"Are you going to take me home?" I asked, though I wouldn't rather be anywhere else but in his arms.

"One day."

"Today, please."

"We would be moving too fast."

I lifted my head and looked up to meet his eyes, "Chase, can you be serious for once?"

"I cannot be more serious."

"My home... as in where I live."

"Go ahead, ruin the mood." He removed his hands from my waist and backed away. I put my hand into the leather jacket, taking out my phone.

I unlocked my phone and clicked the camera app. I clicked on the video and tapped the red button to have it record. "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have it here first, Mr. Chase Knight sulking." I laughed.

He looked at me before looking at the camera and rolling his eyes. "Are you serious?" He questioned.

"I cannot be more serious." I quoted him. "Why are you sulking? The people would like to know."

"Somebody ruined the mood." He shoved his hands in his pants, turning his body to face me.

"Who is this somebody? They seem like an awesome person to be around. Do you have their number? I might just make a move on them."

"Yeah, it's one eight hundred she's mine."

"So funny." I teased. "I'm laughing hysterically."

He looked at me and before he could take a step in my direction, I plopped off the hood of the car. "You think you are so funny?" He questioned as I started running around the car.

My legs hurt like a bitch therefore I was rather limping around the car. "I am, thank you for the compliment."

He started going around the car and I moved so he couldn't catch me. "My legs hurt, Chase." I complained.