chapter 6 | reunited

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Today, we visited the museum that we couldn't get to yesterday. It was beautiful but I liked the art exhibition section the most.

All the paintings were beautiful. They all had hidden messages behind them.

Xavier gave me a lot of advice yesterday. He was by my side the whole night until I fell asleep. I told him about the event and the office incident. He advised that I should take the deal and shouldn't mix my feelings with work. He supported that by saying it would be a great way to first earn money but it can go towards the organization that I care deeply about.

I was no contemplating the idea. It was swirling in the back of my mind. But, once the current deals are dealt with and I can actually excuse him in. I will probably take him up on the offer.

I changed out of my clothes and wore a burnt red-colored silk dress with a scoop neck since we were going out for dinner. I curled my hair and left it hanging and put on my Louis Vuitton heels. I put on my usual 'believe' necklace. For makeup, I did light makeup and added some lipgloss.

I left my room and Xavier was standing near the elevator

I left my room and Xavier was standing near the elevator. "Finally, let's go."

We stepped into the elevator. "They have a party nearby, do you want to go?"

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. I wanted to get drunk for the main part.

Once we left the hotel and we drove to this expensive old restaurant. This was one of the well-known restaurants in Italy and many people rave about their food.

We had already made a booking and so the hostess showed us to our seats. We ordered Italian food. The food was delicious. The pizza made my stomach full to the brim.

I was talking to Xavier when I saw a familiar face. He was sitting on the edge of the booth with his leg popping out and he looked bored out of his mind. I smiled as I saw him rolling his eyes at whatever his tablemates said.

He didn't look in my direction quite yet. His dark brown hair was slicked back. He was wearing a classic black tee with ripped jeans. I wanted to go meet him but I knew better.

I took a sip of my beverage as my eyes kept wandering towards him. My first friend. I tried looking around to see if I could spot Connor but I couldn't find him.

"Are you even listening to me?" Xavier asked.

"Of course, I am." I looked back at him.