chapter 30 | studio

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

I asked Chase to stay because I needed his opinion on the items for his room. We needed to go to the furniture store that we work closely with and see if the items stand up to his standards.

I finished my work for the day while Chase attended to his business calls from his phone. He played with Moana because she wouldn't come to me.

She was betraying me.

It was really embarrassing when I went towards Moana and she quickly went towards Chase who was sitting on the couch and laid on his lap. He started laughing and I couldn't stop my laughter. We laughed, before assuming our work.

I leaned back into my seat as I saw Moana sleeping on his lap as he softly rubbed her. He had his elbow set on the side of the sofa while attending his call. He was pretty much yelling at the person on the other end but would quiet down when he would see Moana on his lap. A smile came onto my face at how thoughtful he really is.

Even today, when the video came to the part that still haunts me to this day, he told me I should skip it. He knew.

But yet, he had to relive the whole video because of me. He didn't complain or let me notice that he probably didn't want to hear the video.

Being a fucking dumbass, I didn't do anything about it. I let the video run while those moments probably resurfaced in his head again.

Good job, Jasmin.

I heard a knock on my door and muttered a quick 'come in'. My assistant came in and I put my blazer back on as Chase ran a hand through his hair.

She looked at me before looking at him. I already knew what her assumptions were but was I going to clear them out? Fuck no.

"Yes," I spoke.

She looked back at me, before swallowing a lump in her throat, "The fitting for the shoot is today, what time would you be going over? They called to ask you."

I completely forgot about the stupid fitting. I pinched the bridge of my nose before replying, "I'll go over right now."

"Alright, I'll let them know." I nodded, and she quickly left.

Chase ended his call and turned to look at me. I sighed, "I have a fitting today. Do you want to go to the furniture store first?"

I didn't want to waste his time anymore.

"No, it's okay."

"Why don't you come with me and we can go together to the furniture store?" I suggested. "It won't take long, an hour at most."

He thought about it before replying, "Alright."

I smiled and got up from my seat. I picked up my purse before picking up Moana's crate. I went over to where Chase was and opened the door. She had woken up but Chase settled her inside the crate. I closed the door.

I was about to pick it up but Chase picked the crate by the handle before I could. "I can carry it."

"Never doubted it."